General Mills, Inc.
As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Haagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Yoplait, Annie’s Homegrown, Old El Paso and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$15.6 billion during fiscal 2017. We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
Within General Mills, our manufacturing facilities are committed to achieving zero human and food safety incidents and it is every employee’s responsibility to fully support this vision. Skilled Operators are hired as members of a manufacturing team. They are responsible for the handling of ingredients, materials and finished product within the manufacturing facility.
The General Mills—Albuquerque plant, which began operating in New Mexico in 1992, manufactures and distributes a variety of cereal and snack products. In support of the plant’s high-performance operation, our Manufacturing Technicians perform team-based work, develop technical and non-technical skills, and take personal accountability for results. They are also involved in total employee engagement: supporting operational system design, optimizing plant processes, participating in the development of deliberate culture.
The starting wage for a Skilled Operator position is $15.58 per hour. Additionally we offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental coverage, 401(k) with company match, retirement benefits, and holiday and vacation pay. Our pay program allows Manufacturing Technicians to promote and increase their annual earnings by demonstrating their skills through their contribution to team performance in alignment with competency expectations.
**The primary responsibilities of a Manufacturing Technician are to safely operate, maintain, and clean equipment. Manufacturing Technicians also monitor and troubleshoot equipment, resolve issues or, when necessary, work with appropriate resources to do so, simultaneously ensuring effective communication among teammates and managers.**
In this role, you will:
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment
- Follow standard operating procedures to operate various pieces of high speed and/or high tech processing and packaging equipment
- Troubleshoot problems with machinery and partner with maintenance staff to resolve issues
- Calibrate processing and packaging systems daily to meet requiredspecifications
- Participate in start-up, change over and shut down of operatingequipment
- Perform change overs and End of Run cleans including disassembly and reassembly of necessary equipment
- Be responsible for executing all required HACCP/quality processes and documentation
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives in order to increase platform performance
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems in equipment operation
- Assists in training new employees
- Attend meetings and trainings as required
Perform additional related tasks as assigned
- **Must be 18 years of age or older**:
- **Must have the ongoing right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship**:
- **High School Diploma or GED**:
- Must have or be willing to obtain a forklift license
- Proficiency in basic computer skills
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Working in a warm, cool, dusty, or wet environment
- Must be able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including: standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces
- Willing and able to work a 12-hour shift, including rotating shifts (i.e. nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Willing and able to adhere to all safety standards and wear all necessary personal protective equipment
- Willing and able to adhere to all grooming requirements necessary for a food manufacturing environment
- 1 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in Food/Restaurant Industry
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Technical skills; mechanical or electrical capability orexperience
- Previous work in a team-based environment
General Mills, Inc.
Website : http://www.generalmills.com
By the 1960s, we were marketing children's products such as Play-Doh, Easy Bake Ovens, Spirograph, Monopoly and Nerf balls. In between, we associated with such memorable characters as Betty Crocker, Rocky & Bullwinkle, the Lone Ranger and the Pillsbury Doughboy.