Gregory, TX, United States
Jun 24, 2020
Oct 07, 2020
Requisition ID: 41562
Assist skilled craftsperson(s) by performing supportive duties as directed and will work under immediate supervision. The level and degree of job responsibilities and requirements vary depending on months of experience and assigned job step.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Learn to Interpret drawings, sketches, software, plans and determines best work procedures, tools, equipment needed to troubleshoot and repair problems
• Assist skilled craftsman measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble and install electrical conduit; weld supports; install cable and duct banks; make terminations
• Assist with the Installaltion of control and distribution apparatus’ and fastens in place
• Assist with the test and start up systems and continuity of circuit to insure electrical compatibility and safety of components
• Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement
• May be required to pull wire through conduit; connect wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment
• Work with high and low voltage systems
• Assist with the disassembly and repair of defective electrical equipment or systems
• Learn to operate electrical and mechanical hand tools, power, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical tools
• May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Must possess knowledge skills and abilities for position
• Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions and communicate effectively with management/supervision
• Field experience in chosen craft discipline
• Knowledge of the safe and efficient use of hand tools, power tools and layout tools.
• Able to meet all physical requirements.
• Must have all required tools
• Expected to climb and work at heights and in confined spaces (may exceed 200 ft)
• Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Able to work overtime, nights, and weekends as required by the workload
• Observe and comply with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.