Sentry Insurance Groups
At Sentry, we realize that getting valuable, hands-on experience is important for you and your career. If you’re a political science major and are looking for valuable experience to add to your resume, check out our temporary summer position at our Government Affairs office in Madison, WI.
What You'll Do
The Government Affairs Administrative Assistant works within the Political Engagement in our Government Affairs Department.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
• Conduct research related to insurance policy and regulation.
• Gain exposure to campaign finance and lobbying compliance.
• Learn how to interact and consult with our Government Affairs Regional Directors on forming effective lobbying strategies.
What it Takes
In order to be eligible for this elite opportunity you must meet the following criteria:
• Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Political Science, Public Policy, or a related field
• Ability to work in a team atmosphere
• Sentry does not offer employment in this position to holders of F-1, J-1, and H-1 Visas for the purpose of obtaining practical experience
• Clean background check
What You'll Receive
Sentry's excellent benefits package is designed to meet today's most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance employees include:
Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
401 (K) plan with a dollar-for-dollar
match on your first eight percent
Comprehensive paid training
Generous Paid-Time Off Plan
Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
Sentry Insurance was founded in 1904 by members of the Wisconsin Retail Hardware Association to provide quality insurance for its members. Throughout our more than 100-year history, we’ve protected businesses, families and individuals with Strength, Protection and Vigilance. Sentry provides the coverage our policyholders need, and the service they expect. Our experienced teams of professionals are specially trained in the following ares: Auto Dealerships, Automotive Services, Distributors and Retailers, Electronic Component Manufacturing, Equipment Dealerships, Farm Equipment Manufactures Assoc., Food Processing, Metalworking, Motorsports Dealerships, National Accounts, Plastics and Rubber Goods, Printing, RV and Boat Dealerships, Transportation, Truck and Trailer Dealerships, State Workers’ Comp. Programs, Employee Benefits, Business Life Insurance, Life and Annuity and Motorcycle Insurance. More than 1.1 million policyholders put their trust in Sentry.