Lockheed Martin Corporation
Description: As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Navy Strategic Programs (NSP) is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers. We have opportunities that include advanced Hypersonic Technology, Glide Body Strike technology, and other key technology insertions. The early design and engineering phase provides you with tremendous career growth potential along with meaningful assignments to stretch and hone your expertise. This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) partners to field a number of future strategic systems that the nation urgently needs.
If you are an enthusiastic, self-starter, eager to learn in a dynamic environment, come join our team as a Subcontract Program Manager supporting critical subcontractor efforts within our Naval Strategic Programs portfolio. This is an ideal opportunity for you to play a key role in a company supporting strategic initiatives supporting our nation’s security interests.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• Implement Lockheed Martin supply chain strategy.
• Drive all aspects of major subcontract execution: Cost, schedule, technical, and quality.
• Fully integrate the subcontract work scope within the program: proposals, negotiations, contract execution, etc.
• You will be responsible for the seamless integration of subcontracts, engineering, quality, finance, and planning organizations.
• Maintain the position of key point of contact to the subcontractor with accountability to the Program Manager and Supply Chain Leadership.
• In this role, you will need to be able to travel frequently to major subcontractor sites as needed to support program requirements.
• You will need be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
• Critically analyze a diverse set of issues and communicate effectively to customer, Lockheed Martin, and supplier executive leaderships.
Appropriate degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment. 3 or more years in a manager or team lead position.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• 3 years’ experience in a managing position or team lead position.
• Experience establishing scope of work and writing either technical or non-technical documentation (i.e. specifications, statements of work, contracts/subcontracts, supplier deliverables).
• Strong Control Account Management (CAM) and/or Earned Value Management (EVM) experience.
• Working knowledge of FAR / DoD Acquisition policy.
• Experience working in more than one function, line of business, or company.
• Experience with product development, value engineering, and supply chain affordability concepts.
• Experience with data analytics concepts and associated systems/tools (ERP, Tableau).
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Our employees are the core of our business here at Lockheed Martin. As the leading global security & aerospace company—and the #1 IT provider to the U.S. government—Lockheed Martin is a 115,000 person-strong team working to support the U.S. and its allies in the research, development and sustainment of advanced technology systems & services worldwide. Specialties Aeronautics, Information Technology, Space Systems, Defense, Technology, Cyber Security Over one hundred years ago, on August 16, 1912, Glenn L. Martin established the Glenn L. Martin Company in Los Angeles, California. He started the company after building his first plane in a rented church, where he took a leap of faith on his risky but innovative new aircraft design at the urging of none other than Orville Wright. Four months later and four hundred miles away, on December 19, 1912, Allan and Malcolm Lockheed founded the Alco Hydro-Aeroplane Company, later renamed the Lockheed Aircraft Company. Talented mechanics, they set up shop out of a garage, constructing seaplanes that would shatter speed and distance records for overwater flights.