The Toledo Hospital
Toledo, OH, United States
Jul 28, 2022
Nov 10, 2022
Responsible for the supervision of the Accounts Receivable staff under assigned division of Heartland Home
Health Care and Hospice.
1. Monitors patient billings, collections, adjustments, write offs and timely claims submission for assigned Division.
2. Supervises Medicare, Insurance, Medicaid and Private Pay account activity for clients in assigned Division.
3. Supervises and investigates issues relating to non-payment of client Medicare, insurance, Medicaid and private pay claims. Resolves issues.
4. Coaches corporate & facility personnel on proper billing and collection techniques.
5. Maintains expert knowledge on Medicare's on-line system.
6. Interfaces with Medicare intermediary personnel to resolve problems and handle problematic cases.
7. Interfaces with the company’s electronic claims vendor and other vendors who play a key role in the accurate and timely submission of client claims.
8. Maintains expertise concerning Medicare, Medicaid and insurance coverage and billing systems and practices.
9. Manages bad debt write-offs; Maintains expert knowledge regarding Medicare bad debt documentation requirements. Supervises the timely submission of Medicare Credit Balance Reports.
10. Monitors ADR tracking for completeness and accuracy.
1. Staffs the department with capable people; Plans the work for employees with due regard for performance and skills; Terminates employees, when necessary.
2. Ensures that employees are adequately oriented and trained to perform their duties; Assists and encourages employees in developing their skills and self-confidence and in understanding where and how they fit in HCR Manor Care operations.
3. Sets meaningful individual objectives and specific job expectations; Ensures that employees know what is expected and the standards by which they will be evaluated; Gives adequate guidance and supervision; Optimizes use of employees' skills; Periodically reviews employee performance.
4. Recommends promotions for employees who have demonstrated both a capability for and a willingness to accept increased responsibilities; Ensures that individuals are properly paid for sustained performance; Creates an environment that encourages excellence; Recognizes and rewards initiative, imagination, and work well done; Sets a good example.
5. Gives employees sufficient authority to make the necessary decisions to carry out their assignments.
6. Establishes and maintains effective two-way communication to understand the needs and concerns of employees; Communicates employee attitudes and expectations to higher management; Properly manages employees' personal information; Recommends changes in policies and practices wherever employee needs are not being met.
7. Ensures that potential safety/health hazards are eliminated or controlled through regular reviews of work activities, materials, and facilities; Provides employees with unsurpassed training and instructions on safe work practices with every aspect of their employment.
8. Identifies and maintains accountability for security within assigned areas of responsibility; Ensures employees understand their obligation to protect company and employee property; Takes appropriate action when security infractions occur.
9. Takes positive action to ensure equal opportunity in the conduct of all business activities without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
10. Demonstrates a caring attitude toward HCR Manor Care's clients, family members, employees, and other company guests as the need arises; Ensures that subordinates are helpful, caring, and responsive to all guests.
11. Devotes adequate time and attention to personal development and training, particularly in the management of people resources.
12. Performs all other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
2. Experience: Five to seven years experience in medical billing; supervisory experience required.
3. Physical Demands: Primarily sedentary in nature with lifting less than ten pounds; sitting, reaching, handling, fingering, talking, hearing and seeing.
4. Travel: 20%
5. Working Conditions: Primarily inside in well-lighted, well-ventilated areas.
6. Principal Contacts: Corporate financial departments, facility management, Medicare intermediaries, Regional Dir of Ops and Divisional VPs.
7. General Requirements: Must execute all terms and conditions set forth in the HCR ManorCare
Employee Handbook and Caring Leadership handbook, including, but not limited to:
a. Works in a safety-conscious manner which ensures that safe work practices are used in order not to pose a risk to self or others in the workplace.
b. Complies with company policies and procedures and local, state, and federal regulations.
c. Adheres to policy on Drug Free Workplace.
d. Interacts in a tactful, diplomatic, and humanistic manner with residents, families, visitors, and co-workers to provide a safe, efficient, and therapeutically effective caring environment which
ensures the self-respect, personal dignity, rights and physical safety of each resident and center guest.
e. Maintains a dependable attendance record and adheres to standards of cleanliness, grooming, hygiene, and dress code.
f. Takes positive action to ensure equal opportunity in the conduct of all business activities without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, age, national origin, disability, citizenship, veteran status or any other legally protected category.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Employee Exemption Type
Budgeted Hours / Pay Period
Additional Schedule Details
The Toledo Hospital
Website : http://www.toledochildrens.org