Republic Services, Inc.
Fall River, MA, United States
Sep 15, 2022
Dec 29, 2022
Republic Services is a leader in Environmental Services, partnering with customers to create a more sustainable world.
We are Sustainability in Action — our promise to be environmentally responsible and to help our customers be environmentally responsible too.
Why choose Republic?
Joining Republic isn’t just about taking on a new job, it’s about making a commitment to create a more sustainable world together. Our people provide an essential service, serving and impacting customers, neighborhoods, and communities everywhere.
As a company, we are proud of our values and encourage those who share in our aspirations to join our team:
We protect our colleagues and communities through safe practices everywhere, every day.
We are committed to serving our customers and communities by going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
We take action to improve neighborhoods and communities by being environmentally responsible and creating a more sustainable world.
We are driven to deliver results in the right way.
We encourage a human centered culture that honors the unique potential and dignity of every person.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Compactor Technician, Container Shop performs repairs, maintenance and installation of compactors and other stationary equipment. The Compactor Technician, Container Shop typically performs works on hydraulics, basic electrical operations, and welding fabrication in order to maximize safe and productive operations.
• Performs inspections, conduct diagnostic tests, preventative maintenance, and repairs on varied types of compactors, and other stationary equipment.
• Reads electrical schematics. Diagnoses and repairs electrical problems on equipment using both single and three phase AC voltage -- including working with high-voltage electricity.
• Reads hydraulic schematics. Diagnose and repair hydraulic issues on equipment.
• Maintains knowledge of proper installation of compactors, and other types of stationary equipment. Perform or assist with installations as scheduled and meets relevant deadlines.
• Performs welding and fabrication work as needed.
• Ensures and maintains efficiencies so that all scheduled jobs can be handled in a given day.
• Completes paperwork and/or enters data associated with repairing relevant equipment in an accurate and timely manner.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Equipment maintenance and repair experience.
• Welding and/or fabrication skills and/or experience.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, relationship or association with a protected veteran (spouses or other family members), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Republic Services, Inc.
Website : http://www.republicservices.com