BBVA Compass Bancshares, Inc.
Laredo, TX, United States
Overview At BBVA, we are working to make banking better for everyone. That is where you come in. We are looking for smart, team oriented people who want to be part of a first-class workforce that gives people the tools they need to meet their financial goals, all while delivering an outstanding client experience. Learn more below.
Mission Market retail banking products and services to consumer and small business customers, face to face or over the phone, in order to grow, retain and maximize profit for the bank. Offer customized banking solutions to customers utilizing the account recommendation tool (ART) to capture the customer conversation and needs. Utilize Customer Relationship Management (CRM) to manage customer contact and leads to maximize new and existing deposit relationships through cross-selling of all retail banking products. Deliver an exceptional customer service experience while responding to daily customer inquiries.
The Financial Service Advisors at BBVA Compass help people build a better future.
1. Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent professional experience.
2.Two years of proactive sales experience preferred for FSA (two years required for Sr. FSA and three years required for Sr. FSA II).
3. Retail banking experience preferred (two years required for Sr. FSA & three years required for Sr. FSA II)
4. Must be a mortgage certified employee (MCE) for Sr. FSA II.
5. Life and Health insurance required (Sr. FSA and Sr. FSA II only)
6. Series 6 and 63 investment licensing preferred. (preferred for Sr. FSA only & required for Sr. FSA II)
7. Meet credit report and criminal background/fingerprint requirements associated with Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry and/or Financial Industry Regulatory Authority registration process.
8. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
9. Exhibit a professional, helpful attitude along with the ability to positively interact with customers and co-workers.
10. Demonstrate ability to identify customer needs and implement an effective solution in a rapidly changing environment.
11. Able to meet deadlines and manage pressure to attain banking center sales while delivering an excellent customer experience.
12. Demonstrate proficient computer skills.
13. Assertive communication skills along with a focus for sales.
* The position requires regular and predictable attendance and the ability to be punctual.
* This position has no unusual physical requirements.
* Most work is performed in a climate-controlled indoor facility during normal business hours, including weekends. Occasional outside sales activities are required.
* This position requires on-going situational awareness of the facility and of the people in and around the facility to ensure personal and environmental safety.
* Interruptions from customers, peers, managers or others are present with the need to prioritize tasks.
* This position requires the ability to continuously view information on documents and on a computer screen, to conduct written and verbal communication, to sit and to manipulate objects.
* This job frequently requires the ability to stand and to walk.
* This job occasionally requires the ability to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds.
* Rarely, this job may require the ability to bend, kneel, stoop or climb stairs.
BBVA Compass Bancshares, Inc.
Website : http://www.bbvacompass.com/
BBVA Compass is a leading U.S. banking franchise with operations throughout the Sunbelt region and it ranks among the top 25 largest U.S. commercial banks based on deposit market share. BBVA Compass operates 688 branches in Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, New Mexico and Texas. It ranks among the largest banks in Alabama (2nd), Texas (4th) and Arizona (5th). In addition, BBVA Compass has been recognized as one of the nation's leading Small Business Administration (SBA) lenders. Through three major business units – Commercial Banking, Retail Banking and Wealth Management – BBVA Compass offers customers unique and industry-leading products and services, with a focus on providing customers with financial solutions to fit their lives. These products and services include commercial and wholesale banking, treasury management, Small Business Administration loans, international services, merchant processing, retail banking services, consumer loans, mortgages, home equity lines and loans, credit cards, personalized Visa® Check Cards, securities brokerage, mutual funds and annuities, financial counseling, wealth management, pension plan management and insurance. BBVA Compass is a subsidiary of BBVA Compass Bancshares Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of BBVA (NYSE: BBVA) (MAD: BBVA). BBVA is a customer-centric global financial services group founded in 1857. BBVA Group has a solid position in Spain, is the largest financial institution in Mexico, and has leading franchises in South America and the Sunbelt region of the United States, as well as operations in China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Singapore, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom. Its diversified business is geared toward high-growth markets and relies on technology as a key sustainable competitive advantage. Corporate responsibility is at the core of its business model. BBVA fosters financial education and inclusion, and supports scientific research and culture. It operates with the highest integrity, a long-term vision and applies best practices.