HCA Holdings, Inc
Coppell, TX, United States
Administrative, Hr, Healthcare
Exciting opportunity to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services with over 125 CareNow clinics!
CareNow is HCA Healthcare’s fastest growing line of business and is leading the charge in urgent care medicine. Our amazing CareNow clinics offer superior convenience and quality treatment when you need it most and we are looking for an exceptional Medical Staffing Coordinator to join our team. We believe in our team and your ability to help us provide high quality, patient-centered care in the communities we serve 7 days a week.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary, tuition reimbursement, and growth opportunities. We are seeking a great addition to the team who feels patient care is as important as we do!
Interested in learning more about us? Click here!
Create master monthly schedules for Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners following the approved staffing budget and revise as needed. Ensuring all schedules are complete and posted one month in advance. Work close with managers and staff to ensure all vacant shifts are filled and clinics are adequately staffed according to budgets and patient volume.
This position is based at the CareNow office in Coppell ,TX. Typical hours in the office are Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm with the occasional need for overtime.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Build monthly schedules for clinic by utilizing quarterly staffing budgets to create shifts based on the allowed staffing hours. Will require a knowledge and understanding of how the staffing budget is created and used
• Revise and update schedules as required or needed according to volume trends to ensure each clinic maintain the desired efficiencies.
• Must have a knowledge of the staffing policies and procedures as well as a knowledge of the number of hours required for PRN, part time and full time positions.
• Calculate budgeted hours and determine in advance how many FT employees are needed so the puzzle of the schedule fits together. Report staffing concerns immediately (over or under staffed).
• Will gather approved PTO requests from the center managers in advance and will place FT staff on the schedule keeping in mind their PTO dates.
• Work with clinic managers to be aware of new staff currently in orientation; ensure new staff are scheduled once they have been released from orientation.
• Create and maintain open shift report.
• Ensure vacant shifts are filled by making calls and enlisting the help of the operations management team. This includes open shifts due to staff absenteeism.
Excellent communication skills
Great problem solving skills
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
Ability to self-direct and work autonomously
Experience in a medical background in scheduling.
Experience in staffing budgets and reporting.
High School Diploma or GED required.
We believe in going above and beyond, and feel that there is no nobler pursuit than that of caring for and improving human life. We hope you’ll join us on our mission!
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Title: Medical Staffing Coordinator
Location: Texas-Coppell-CareNow - Primary Health Inc
Requisition ID: 24901-75795
HCA Holdings, Inc
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.