Barnes & Thornburg LLP
2 yrs required
The Litigation Support Analyst assists case teams in the day to day technical, administrative and support activities related to e-Discovery. This includes both the coordination (when vendor services are used) and the handling of client data that has been collected for ingestion and processing then loaded into a Review application. The Analyst will help to insure a proper workflow for client data that is collected for review through production. The Analyst will also identify any processes that need to be developed and/or improved and assist in the implementation of those improvements and best practices (with Directors approval). The Analyst will act as a technical subject matter expert to case teams on Electronically Stored Information (“ESI”) processing and production issues as well as providing related project coordination services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides project coordination in the delivery of data, its ingestion and processing, and ultimately production.
2. Will provide support to case teams in the use of analytics in Viewpoint.
3. Prepares source ESI for processing, including data transfer, inventory, and extraction from forensic container files.
4. Processes ESI data to native and tiff formats using industry standard applications.
5. Loads data to databases from standard and non-standard load file sources.
6. Produces documents to industry standards, including exporting from Review Tools and load file creation.
7. Generates reports to support work performed at each step of ESI processing workflow.
8. Troubleshoots and resolves issues related to ESI processing and assists team members with the same.
9. Provides basic training on the department applications including document search and review, Casemap and Textmap navigation and its overall use.
10. Assists in the evaluation of ESI processing procedures and protocols, and ensures team adherence to best practices for collecting and processing ESI.
11. Maintains awareness of new developments in e-Discovery and makes recommendations to the Director of Litigation Support.
12. Contributes to the Firm's Service Excellence initiative to consistently improve its image internally and externally. Displays professionalism, quality service and a "can do" attitude to internal members/departments of the Firm as well as external clients and vendors via electronic and print correspondence, over the telephone and in-person.
13. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written form required.
2. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as highly attentive to details.
3. Two or more years’ experience with eDiscovery document review programs such as Viewpoint or Relativity which include a support role for case teams that include running productions.
4. Two or more years’ experience with ESI processing as well as troubleshooting experience with ESI data processing issues; experience with LAW or Ipro a plus.
5. Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft OS-based systems, basic PC functions, and Windows environment.
6. Working knowledge of Microsoft networking concepts and common infrastructure.
7. Ability to work effectively with both users and technical staff in team oriented environments.
8. Ability to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
9. Ability to work successfully and independently in an atmosphere where meeting or exceeding client expectations and service level agreements is paramount, despite challenges of shifting priorities and deadline pressures.
10. College Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
Barnes & Thornburg LLP
Website : http://www.btlaw.com
Barnes & Thornburg LLP is a national, full-service law firm representing clients ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to entrepreneurial growth companies. We provide services in more than 50 areas, including litigation, labor and employment, global services, healthcare, governmental services and finance, intellectual property, environmental, business, construction, white collar crime, life sciences, real estate, energy, telecommunications, transportation and utilities; and finance insolvency and restructuring