Director, Organizational Effectiveness (New York)','MAC08335','!*!Job Overview:
The Director Organizational Effectiveness partners with HR and Business Leaders to design, develop, and deliver solutions that better assess, align, develop, and utilize people capabilities at the team & organizational levels to drive business strategy. This role serves as an internal consultant primarily focused on the organizational structure and design, assessment of organizational performance, and change management.
• Business Unit Leaders
• Executive Leadership
• HRBP Leadership
• COE Leadership
• ES Leadership
Perform other duties as assigned. This position can be based out of New York NY, Cincinnati OH, Atlanta GA or San Francisco CA.
• Strategic focus on customer experience in design, build and implementation of solutions
• Partner with HR and Business Executives on issues related to organizational effectiveness and change management in an effort to improve organizational performance
• Lead activities to assess & diagnose organizational issues, ensure alignment of business goals with organizational designs, and develops or recommends solutions for areas of high business impact (i.e. functional design, roles & responsibilities, leadership alignment, etc.)
• Self-starter that can drive outcomes with limited oversight and is able to influence stakeholders without authority
• Thinks strategically and can create the vision, while being able to execute work as a part of the creation process
• Develop & deliver organizational designs, change management deliverables, and other tools & templates as needed
• Considers measures of success in development to ensure continuous improvement in all aspects of delivery
• Leads project management efforts as needed (i.e.; project & issues tracking, metrics, etc.)
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
• HR Functional Proficiency: Knowledge of major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the HR function or department; ability to use and administer the organization’s HR policies, strategies and environment.
• Business Acumen: Awareness and knowledge of and insight into the organization’s vision, structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles, values, and code of ethics; ability to apply this understanding appropriately to diverse situations. Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company’s business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
• Change and Communications: Knowledge of and ability to align the organization’s people and culture with changes in business strategy, organizational structure, technology and business processes.
• Strategic Thinking: Understands business issues and opportunities and translates or aligns them to a vision, strategy and plans to chart a course of action
• Solution Orientation: Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
• People Management: Ability to establish and build healthy working relations and partnerships with internal and external customers/clients. Creates and sustains high performing teams committed to exceeding business goals.
• Talent Development: Knowledge of how an organization attracts, recruits, evaluates, retains, identifies and develops talent; ability to develop the talent required for an organization to achieve its short-term goals. Includes talent related processes (e.g. performance management, development, succession, workforce planning, etc.).
• Bachelors, Masters or equivalent with 7-10 years of HR Organizational Effectiveness and Change Management experience or equivalent.
• Relevant Business Unit experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
• Must have above average mathematical skills, including the ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages, and the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• This position involves extended periods of sitting and the extensive use of computer and the office equipment.
• May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
• Will require up to 25% of travel.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.','','United States-New York-New York','Talent and Organizational Development','Director, Organizational Effectiveness (New York)
Website : http://www.macys.com
Macy’s, Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers, with fiscal 2012 sales of $27.7 billion. The company operates the Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s brands with about 840 department stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, and the macys.com and bloomingdales.com websites. The company also operates 13 Bloomingdale’s Outlet stores.