West Chester, PA, United States
Jun 09, 2021
Sep 22, 2021
General Summary Statement
Under the direction of a radiologist, the sonographer performs diagnostic medical sonograms and vascular exams to include abdominal scans, ob/gyn, small parts, vascular scans, arterial testing and minor surgical procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Performs all necessary preparations related to diagnostic medical sonography:
• Obtains patient history, explains procedures and addresses patient concerns.
• Performs all necessary checks for accuracy of the prescription, precertification/authorization if required by individual insurance companies, Soarian order and patient identification.
• Perform diagnostic medical sonogram s following appropriate imaging protocols under the direction of the radiologist.
• Compiles and reviews images, provides applicable comparison studies, and prepares documentation for the interpretation.
• Performs quality control testing as required.
• Clean, adjust and perform routine maintenance on equipment; stock and replenish supplies as required.
Education Training and Experience
Satisfactory completion of an accredited diagnostic medical sonography program resulting in a two year certificate and/or associate degree or four year baccalaureate degree.
• Current certification from the American Registry of Diagnostic medical Sonographers (RDMS) and/or the American Registry of Vascular Technologists (RVT).
• Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
Work Environment and Hazards
• Possible risk of exposure to communicable disease.
• Possible risk of exposure to potentially hazardous materials and body fluids.
Work Contact Group
The Chester County Hospital personnel, physicians, patients, their families, vendors.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Saved Jobs (
Please utilize the tabs buttons and links on this page to navigate between web pages. Utilizing your web browser's back and forward arrows can create performance issues.
Refer Your Patient
Penn Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 800-789-7366
© 2015, The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania
Website : http://www.pennmedicine.org