Burns & McDonnell
Kansas City, MO, United States
Engineering, Telecom, It
Jul 28, 2022
Nov 10, 2022
Wireless Identity Engineer - Networks, Integration, & Automation (Multiple Locations)','223577','Electrical Engineering','!*!Our Transmission & Distribution global practice is looking for an Electrical Engineer to support our Kansas City office. This person will serve as a lead engineer on telecommunications projects. You will have the opportunity at Burns & McDonnell to build your own success story, both personally and professionally. You will be empowered to build your career with a company that supports the creation of infrastructure for the largest and most complex machine humans have ever built, and which literally powers our society. Join our team working on dynamic projects engineering communications and network solutions that are modernizing today’s electric grid infrastructure. We want you to bring your unique experiences, talents, and perspectives to our diverse team to make our client projects successful!
Networks, Integration & Automation (NIA)
As an engineer at Burns & McDonnell, you will be a key part of our nationwide team. Burns & McDonnell will provide you on-the-job training, technical mentorship, and personal development as you support the following projects:
- Grid Modernization: Now, more than ever, reliable and secure communication for grid operations is essential. We work with electric utilities to expand their capabilities with the latest technologies for remote monitoring, automation, and control to improve their operational efficiency.
- Networks: We help our clients build redundant, long-haul, high-capacity data networks via a variety of technologies that are used for both business/IT needs as well as the day-to-day operational needs that keep the lights on.
- Renewable Energy: With the expansion of renewable energy technologies, our team works to connect these assets to electric grid infrastructure to provide critical communications for the local utility and system operator in areas such as offshore wind, solar photovoltaic (PV), hydroelectric power, and battery storage.
- Rural Broadband: As engineers, we have a social responsibility to support our communities. Our NIA team works to help our clients provide high-speed internet access to rural communities to advance educational and economic opportunities and help close the digital divide.
- Private LTE: We are supporting development of entirely private carrier-grade networks for electric utilities, unlocking new capabilities to monitor and manage the grid and ultimately better serve customers. Private LTE is one application of many within our wireless portfolio.
- Fiber: Fiber optic infrastructure is one of the fastest ways that utilities transmit high-bandwidth data, and our team is helping to expand that infrastructure from their core networks all the way to customer homes.
- Electric Vehicles: We work with industry leaders and electric utilities to help our customers transition to beneficial and cost-effective transportation electrification.
• Manages and executes the electrical design of projects from the conceptual phase through design completion.
• Researches, designs, and compiles project related data as required by client needs.
• Applies knowledge of commonly used electrical concepts, practices, codes, and procedures within the electrical engineering services industry to complex engineering problems.
• Performs field inspections, measurements, or calculations for public and private clients.
• Manages creation of and reviews project deliverables including but not limited to device configurations, network architecture diagrams, and specifications.
• Utilizes innovative tools such as Geographic Information Systems (GIS), 3D scanning, and model-based design.
• Reviews construction drawings and delivers client presentations for a variety of projects primarily related, but not limited, to electric utilities.
• Meets and corresponds with clients or outside personnel to develop relationships with key client points of contact.
• Performs design quality reviews.
• Leads and coordinates the creation of proposals.
• All other duties as assigned.
','!*!Experienced, creative, hands-on, technology professional who has a track record of successfully partnering with clients
Ability to simplify complicated technical details for consumption by non-technical clients and colleagues
Must have general understanding and practical experience working with SIM/eSIM-relevant standards across ETSI, GSMA, ISO, and 3GPP
Ability to organize and present complicated technical detail to broad audiences with varying degrees of technical background
Ability to quickly generate trust and confidence with clients
Excellent interpersonal, presentation and written communication skills with the ability to influence clients
Ability to write statements of work, functional specifications, white papers and RFPs
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience.
Master’s Degree or above a plus. At least 7 years’ technical experience in the wireless industry, preferably having worked at a Tier One service provider and/or major SIM card vendor At least 5 years hands-on SIM/eSIM Profile development for carriers and SIM application deployment experience a plus JavaCard application development and testing experience highly desirable.
EEO/ Minorities/ Females/ Veterans/ Disabled
','Full-time','Yes, 15 % of the Time','US-MO-Kansas City','US-CA-Brea, US-TX-Fort Worth, US-GA-Atlanta, US-TX-Houston, US-TX-Dallas','#LI-JN','#T&D','','Wireless Identity Engineer - Networks, Integration, & Automation (Multiple Locations)
Burns & McDonnell
Website : http://www.burnsmcd.com