HCA Holdings, Inc
Kissimmee, FL, United States
Healthcare, Nursing, Manager
HCA has been recognized as a /World’s Most Admired Company/ in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130 surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means* NO nights, NO weekends, or On-call* will be required.* *The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team! __
We value you and your future. We provide multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today’s life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today!
The Charge Nurse is responsible for overseeing a designated clinical department. Duties may include delegating nursing assignments, preparing schedules, overseeing admissions and discharges, and monitoring and ordering medicines and supplies. In addition to these managerial tasks, charge nurses are also responsible for providing direct patient care accordingly with facility practice.
_General RN Duties___
* Demonstrates necessary practical, technical or specialized knowledge and skills required for the role of the peri-operative nurse in accordance with AORN and other regulatory standards of practice.
* Demonstrates knowledge of surgical procedures and has the ability to oversee the instrument and equipment set-up, prepare for the case utilizing preference cards, and anticipates needs of surgeon.
* Coordinates and oversees the room during a case as the circulator.
* Facilitates effective and efficient transition between surgical procedures.
* Utilizes preference cards and updates as necessary.
* Utilizes appropriate body mechanics in moving patients, stretchers, and OR tables to prevent injury to patient and self.
* Demonstrates knowledge/understanding of management of patient, including being available to anesthesia during intubation and extubation, assisting as needed in sudden changes in patient condition i.e. cardiopulmonary arrest, Malignant Hyperthermia, etc., and being readily available to assist as directed.
* Performs thorough patient interview and assessment in accordance with procedure and assures an appropriate, detailed time out process is done according to policy.
* Consistently reviews charts for completeness, in accordance with documentation protocols prior to and after the surgical procedure. Assures appropriate consent, H/P, diagnostic reports, and relevant information are on chart prior to the start of procedure.
o Ensures that H/P is a complete full examination of all body systems and dated within 30-days prior to procedure.
o Ensures that H/P, orders for the procedure, and consent form are consistent prior to placing in medical chart.
* Prepares and administers medications in accordance with current practice (i.e. review physician orders, pre-op antibiotics, preparing/labeling medications on/off field, utilizing the 7 medication rights, identifying high alert medications, conducting independent double checks when indicated, and narcotic waste, etc.). Assures only licensed personnel administer medications.
* Relays appropriate hand off communication to PACU staff to ensure continuity of care.
* Performs nurse circulator duties as assigned.
* Participates in the anesthesia time-out process if performed in the pre-op area prior to administration of pre-operative blocks or prior to the induction of anesthesia.
* Takes responsibility for careful and accurate handling and/or logging of narcotics, biohazardous materials, and surgical specimens.
* Recognizes emergency situations and responds effectively in a calm and controlled manner.
* Assures all members of the surgical team comply with principles of surgical hand asepsis, aseptic, and sterile technique.
* Demonstrates knowledge related to maintenance, cleanliness, and sterilization of instruments and equipment. Maintains a sanitary environment for the provision of patient care.
* Appropriately handles the disposal of biohazardous materials.
* Restocks area daily, using appropriate par levels and daily stock sheets.
* Prepares procedure room for use the following day by bringing in equipment, setting up, pulling cases accurately, and reporting to supervisor items that are needed and not available.
* Spends appropriate time and energy on tasks and assignments based on the policies that are supportive of the Center’s goals and objectives.
* Functions independently according to job responsibilities and within scope of practice utilizing current standards of care.
* Takes personal initiative to maintain current RN licensure, BCLS, ACLS/PALS (if indicated) and other professional certifications current as defined by job role.
* Uses facility resources appropriately and avoids wasteful practices.
* Attends all mandatory in-services, staff meetings and participates in emergency drills.
* Participates in the orientation of new employees.
* Completes annual competency and other required education as assigned.
* Maintains confidentiality and security of records and patient information at all times.
* Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
* While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current Position, it is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Management reserves the right to revise the Position or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances warrant (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel or staffing, workload, rush jobs, or technical developments).
* Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
· Minimum 2 years experience in an operating room setting; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center.
· One year supervisory experience.
· Active RN license as required by state of employment or appropriate compact licensure.
· Valid BCLS Certification upon employment.* *online certification not acceptable.
· ACLS as required by facility.
· CNOR certification preferred.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Charge Nurse PreOp/PACU
Location: Florida-Kissimmee-Kissimmee Surgery Center
Requisition ID: 07278-2120
HCA Holdings, Inc
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.