Oswego, NY, United States
Feb 22, 2021
Jun 07, 2021
Chemistry Technician Associate level- Nine Mile Point, Oswego, NY','230129','!*!At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Exelon Nuclear is looking for Associate Chemistry Technicians at our Nine Mile Point Nuclear Station in Oswego, NY.
IBEW Local 97
Start date 7/13/2021
Performs sample collection and analyses, instrument calibrations, monitors station processes and is able to, as necessary, analyze information for detection of potential problems, draw conclusions, make recommendations and perform calculations. Evaluates results against limits and makes appropriate notifications. Provides training and oversight to other personnel. To be assigned as needed to support decon, housekeeping, painting and other duties as assigned by the Company. Performs Emergency Planning duties as assigned. This position requires completion of a chemistry qualification book.
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Radiochemistry or related discipline or equivalent training and experience gained via completion of a service term in the Nuclear Navy.
• Applicants will be required to demonstrate a knowledge of the associated concepts of chemistry, radiochemistry as well as college level physics and mathematics. A basic understanding of laboratory instruments is also required.
• May be subject to certification and recertification with periodic reviews if required by NRC or industry standards.
• Must be physically capable of performing the essential functions of this position.
• Must meet requirement of NRC psychological testing regulations.
• Must pass a validated aptitude test.TECH
• Must satisfactorily complete Plant Access and Radiation Safety Training as required including Respirator Qualifications and maintain unescorted access.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
','US-NY-OSWEGO','','348 LAKE RD','P.O. Box 63','OSWEGO','13126','Trade/Craft','Generation Nuclear','Full-time','Regular','Feb 22, 2021','Ongoing','Chemistry Technician Associate level- Nine Mile Point, Oswego, NY
Website : http://www.brassring.com