The University of Kentucky
Student: Food Server
3J5SE: Student Employment
On Campus/Off Campus
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Hours per Week
• Any special skills or abilities that the employer wants the student to have-Assists in preparation and portion of meal items according to menu and diet requirements.
• Assists in the service of meals in accordance with sanitation standards. Any substandard quality of food must be brought to the attention of the Executive Chef.
• Monitors food and beverage to assure proper temperature for service.
• Collects soiled dishes and washes dishes.
• Cleans equipment as assigned.
• Prepares food according to standardized recipes or manufacturers’ instructions.
• Maintains food service areas – Including dining rooms & café/club rooms – in clean condition at all times in accordance with community procedures.
• Prepares and maintains supply of food substitutes to accommodate resident choices, cultural, ethnic, and religious preferences.
• Handles, stores, and disposes of food supplies, and prepares food in accordance with departmental procedures and in compliance with state and federal regulations.
• Cleans workspaces, cooking and serving equipment, trays, and dishes according to department procedures.
• Loads and unloads the dishwasher. Stores clean equipment and dishes.
• Uses food supplies and equipment in an efficient manner to prevent waste.
• Uses food preparation equipment properly and follows proper cleaning techniques and preventative maintenance schedules.
• Communicates with Executive Chef or Cook throughout the shift as needed to best meet needs of the residents.
• Attends in-service education as assigned and applies information to job tasks.
• Complies with the community’s Confidentiality and Privacy practices and procedures related to resident and employee records and all state/federal privacy laws.
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Anticipated Start Date
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
You must be a UK student to hold this position. Are you a UK student? Yes
The University of Kentucky · An Equal Opportunity University · www.uky.edu
Human Resources · Contact us with any questions! We are here to help.
: (859) 257-9555 option 2 · Email
to obtain more information on the University of Kentucky being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of Kentucky
Website : http://www.uky.edu
The University of Kentucky is a public, land grant university dedicated to improving people's lives through excellence in education, research and creative work, service, and health care. As Kentucky's flagship institution, the University plays a critical leadership role by promoting diversity, inclusion, economic development, and human well-being.The University of Kentucky will be one of the nation's 20 best public research universities.The University of Kentucky is guided by its core values: Integrity Excellence Mutual respect and human dignity Diversity and inclusion Academic freedom Personal and institutional responsibility and accountability Shared governance A sense of community Work-life sensitivity Civic engagement Social responsibility