5-7 yrs required
Houston, TX, United States
Responsible for providing a broad range of expertise and support to the Legal Department, including matters relating to the Company’s Board of Directors and Board Committees, compliance with Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), and other laws and regulations applicable to U.S. public companies; and general governance, compliance and corporate matters. The position will monitor external developments and standard methodologies and remain current on proposed and enacted legislation and regulations affecting public company practices and corporate governance.
· Provide support in developing, implementing and enforcing corporate compliance, initiatives and policies.
· Perform responsibilities related to corporate governance, including support relating to Board and Board Committee matters; proxy statement and annual meeting of shareholders; and certain shareholder/investor relations matters.
· Prepare and file documents in connection with subsidiary governance including formations, dissolutions, qualifications, withdrawals, and annual renewals of domestic entities.
· Assist in maintaining accurate retention and archiving of the organization's Boards and Committee agendas and minutes, both electronically and for historical preservation.
· Assist in due diligence activities.
· Support legal team in acquisition and divestitures.
· Prepare draft corporate minutes and resolutions as requested.
· Assist in preparation of agendas and materials for Board and Committee meetings.
· Prepare correspondence to Directors and executive officers related to corporate governance and Board and Committee meetings.
· Assist with SEC Section 16 related requirements and other laws and regulation applicable to US Public companies.
· Develop effective working relationships with employees at all levels.
· Master responsibilities in order to provide sound and responsive service to legal and other functional and support areas of Target Lodging.
· Update and maintain databases and systems on a timely basis.
· Consistently anticipate company needs and deliver a high level of service, support, and proactive involvement to leadership and peers.
· Contribute to solutions by taking an initiative to develop alternatives and recommendations.
· Offer ideas and suggestions to improve complex work processes and/or projects.
· Actively seek ways to add value within scope of assignments.
· Certified Paralegal, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· At least five (5) to seven (7) years professional work experience.
· Legal/paralegal experience at a public company preferred.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Experience with word processing systems, spreadsheets, databases and presentation software.
· Familiarity with subsidiary management, state websites and subsidiary management software.
· Ability to perform in-depth research and present results.
· Proven experience in a position requiring time management, accuracy and attention to detail.
· Ability to communicate effectively through written and oral means.
· Ability to work in both a team-environment and independently.
· Possess strong organizational, project management and multi-tasking skills.
Target Lodging, a global leader in remote accommodations and the largest provider of turnkey workforce housing and hospitality in the U.S.