quick quack car wash
5-7 yrs required
Associate Real Estate Counsel (In-house Position)
Fast-growing, Private Equity backed, Sacramento area express car wash company seeks serious, sophisticated real estate attorney with 5-7 years’ experience who can do complex legal work. The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment and will be expected to collaborate with the executive team and assume a critical role in the tactical execution of an aggressive real estate growth strategy.
We currently have 12 projects under construction and more than 50 in contract for future development. We anticipate the in-house counsel will hire a paralegal immediately and work with our excellent internal real estate team made of professionals who have done successful roll outs with McDonalds, Chase, Panda Express, Rubio’s, Peet’s Coffee and others. We also have an excellent and very experienced administrative team who will continue to handle all escrows and documents related to closing transactions. Part of our administrative and accounting teams recently worked on the successful Life Storage roll up in the storage industry.
Our office culture is a result of building a team of very smart, kind people who enjoy working together. It is hard to imagine someone finding a more dynamic and enjoyable place to work, even with the challenges of rapid growth.
• Create value through the skillful and timely negotiation, drafting and closing of real
estate purchase and sale agreements and ground leases.
• Review, evaluate, draft and negotiate a wide range of real estate related documents, including easements, SNDAs, estoppels, CC&Rs, leases, loan documents, property management agreements, licensing agreements, construction contracts, soils, property condition and environmental reports, and title commitments, policies, and surveys.
• Draft organizational documents, including operating agreements and joint venture
agreements, and form limited liability companies and other SPEs.
• Function as the primary company contact regarding all legal real estate acquisition
• Provide legal guidance on acquisitions, financing, joint venture, development,
strategic alliance and other business arrangements.
• Provide the leadership and management vision necessary to ensure that the legal
department has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to execute the company’s real estate strategy.
• In collaboration with other stakeholders, identify and establish effective and
efficient processes for meeting the company’s real estate goals.
• Manage and coordinate outside real estate counsel, related legal expenses and budget. Review and approve legal fees for payment.
• Oversee transactional initiatives.
• Support meetings of the company’s Board of Directors, including the preparation of
proposals and related materials.
• Monitor laws/legislation affecting the company/industry.
• Provide day to day legal advice and oversight to a variety of constituents including
management, customers and governmental officials on a range of real estate matters.
Quick Quack offers an exceptional opportunity for a highly-skilled and experienced transactional
real estate attorney to be an integral part of our successful, growing business. The real estate counsel (REC) will be primarily responsible for managing the legal aspects of the company’s real estate acquisitions and dispositions. This role will include heavy interface with the executive
team and will be expected to effectively partner with the entire enterprise. S/he will be expected to provide industry perspective and contribute to the company’s culture, values and strategy.
The REC will be a creative, hands-on real estate specialist who can effectively manage multiple ongoing projects. A significant portion of his/her day will be dedicated to negotiating, drafting and reviewing complex legal documents, including purchase and sale agreements, easement agreements, ground leases, construction agreements and loan documents. The REC must be able to operate autonomously, have exceptional organizational skills and serve as an effective leader of the real estate team. S/he will manage a team of paralegals, due diligence specialists, closing
coordinators, and outside counsel.
Education / Certifications
The successful candidate will have an excellent academic record, hold a law degree from an ABA- accredited American law school and be a member of an American State Bar, preferably in the State of California.
• Approximately 5 – 7 years of commercial real estate experience at a top-tier law firm or corporate legal department. The experience will include in-depth knowledge of all aspects of commercial property acquisition and development, including buy/sell contract drafting and negotiation, land use, title review, due diligence, construction, ground leasing, SPE formation and project financing.
• Superior organizational skills, outstanding business judgment, and a proven track record of working independently with minimal supervision.
• Substantive team management experience and the ability to work across organizational lines.
• Strong negotiating and deal-making skills combined with the ability to deal effectively with and manage outside legal counsel.
• Proven track record of implementing policies and procedures that have improved efficiencies through team building and consensus building inside and outside the department.
• Demonstrated ability to work creatively and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment and to respond immediately to issues.
• Understanding of the legal ramifications of any given issue and the ability to articulate the risk to the management team.
The company and concept that would become Quick Quack Car Wash started in 2004 when company founder, and current CEO, Jason Johnson, gathered a team of founding partners intent on delivering on its mission to be: “Fast. Clean. Loved… Everywhere” and creating raving fans that “Don’t Drive Dirty!”®
Originally named Splash & Dash Car Wash, the car wash chain began in Sacramento with a single location in 2004 and quickly grew to six locations within three years. In 2008, the company doubled in size by acquiring a chain of car washes in northwest Texas named Quick Quack Car Wash. Shortly following the acquisition, the company adopted the Quick Quack name across all 13 locations and was recognized as one of the fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine and the Sacramento Business
Headquartered in Roseville, California, Quick Quack Car Wash now owns and operates 64 locations in Utah, Texas, California and Colorado, with planned expansion into additional regions in the near future. Apart from a quick and entertaining car wash experience, Quick Quack is best known for unlimited car wash memberships, free vacuums and exceptional customer service from sharp looking,
tie-clad Team Members. Quick Quack takes pride in being regularly recognized as “The Best” or “The Favorite” car wash in every community where a Quick Quack can be found. Additionally, Quick Quack has been recognized as an environmentally-friendly and sustainable business. Quick Quack has established a culture of exceptionally talented people in a great work atmosphere, committed to a special set of values:
• Excellence Through Teamwork. The Quick Quack team maintains an environment of trust and respect, where all are held accountable and successes are celebrated. Ideas, issues and expectations are communicated openly.
• Operational Strength. All take responsibility for quality and continually seek opportunities for improvement.
• Every Member is a Leader. While they find strength in teamwork, each Team Member’s individual attitude and actions also influence the success of the company and those they serve.
Individual goals are set alongside goals of the company and fellow Team Members assist eachother to reach them.
• Experts in our Industry. Team Members grow in their expertise and knowledge about our products and services, as well as industry standards. All Team Members take responsibility to participate in opportunities for technical, personal and professional advancement.
• Commitment to the Customer. Every Team Member is responsible for delivering best-in-class customer experiences. Team Members achieve this through honest, welcoming and helpful communication, and demonstrate pride through maintaining a supportive and professional disposition. Each Team Member is an integral part of Quick Quack. Through individual and collective excellence and commitment, they aim to provide not only their best, but also the very best of the car wash industry.
The company will provide a competitive compensation package to include a base salary, performance-based bonus and benefits.
quick quack car wash