Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. Stryker products and services are available in over 100 countries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Job Description / Information
The Project Manager will be the face and owner of installation projects for our Communications business. This cutting edge Integrated Operating Room technology is improving the way healthcare professionals deliver care, and the Project Manager plays an integral role in managing the installation process of our technologies. This person will own the timeline, budget, a delivery of projects from start to finish.
Enjoy the flexibility of working from a home based office, and driving or flying to sites (hospitals, campuses, healthcare facilities) within your territory. The virtual team
environment and culture for this role is fast-paced and you’ll be constantly on the go. It requires the ability to solve complex problems while maintaining strong relationships with our customers and sales representatives.
You will be home most nights of the week with day trips around the state and surrounding area, but should expect ad hoc overnight trips depending on business needs.
Within the first six months you’ll:
1. Gain a basic understanding of the cutting edge of medical technology as it relates to our booms, lights, integration, and IP product lines.
2. Develop and manage projects from planning and budgeting through to launch and maintenance according to project plan
3. Build strong bonds with fellow project managers, sales representatives, and in-house support teams.
4. Learn how to drive the process for retrofit and install projects. Key metrics include the project management triad of Scope/Quality, Cost, and Schedule.
5. Be able to identify project scope; coordinate with management or others to identify goals, time frame,budget, staffing requirements, and allotment of resources.
The person in this role should love to manage processes and be able to handle multiple projects and priorities. We prefer an engineering or business degree but understand technical prowess can be gained through other experience. Candidates must be capable of successfully communicating with our customers, and have strong organization and documentation skills.
A background in Project Management, Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems, or Mechanical Engineering with a thirst for knowledge or prior experience is ideal. Construction,installation, IT/Network experience is also preferred.
· Identifies project scope; coordinates with management or others to identify goals, time frame, budget, staffing requirements, and allotment of resources.
· Develops project plans including but not limited to goals, strategy, staffing, and identification of risks, budget, resource requirements, and analysis of development alternatives and communicates with the team.
· Develops, tracks, maintains, and manages project plan, budget, and timeline.
· Provides reports on project status; provides additional documentation on project as needed.
· Identifies, tracks, and resolves all project risks and issues.
· Establishes, modifies, implements, and monitors systems and procedures to enhance timely and efficient workflow.
· Develops and evaluates staffing plan; monitors schedules and workflow.
· Assigns duties and monitors quality of work; assures staff conforms to organizational policies and procedures and government regulations.
· Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of co-workers; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
· Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team,identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
· Manages project transitions between functional groups and project phases.
· Supervises project team and keeps the team morale up.
· Resolves conflicts.
· Provides feedback to the line manager on the team member’s review.
· Interacts with customers with regard to post market surveillance activities.
· Other duties as assigned by manager.
· Has the independence and authority to perform required tasks to ensure all provisions of the quality system are met.
**Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field required, PMP certification is a plus **
· Heavy work : Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
· Must be able to review printed materials.
· Must have demonstrated fine motor skills.
· Must be able to use sophisticated test and office computer equipment (e.g. calculator, PC, telephone, Broadcast test and measurement equipment etc.).
· Ability to work with large pieces of equipment.
· Utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, readtechnical information, and/or use a keyboard.
· Utilize hand and finger dexterity.
· Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information.
· 2-4 years related experience or equivalent.
· Demonstrated proficiency in motivating co-workers.
· Commitment to excellence and high standards.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
· Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
· Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
· Proven leadership and business acumen skills.
· Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
· Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
· Working knowledge and understanding of the basic principles, theories, concepts, and practices in the applicable area of engineering/technical specialization.
· 1-2 years experience as Associate Project Manager or equivalent.
Website : http://www.stryker.com
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. Stryker is active in over 100 countries around the world.