The Travelers Indemnity Company.
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
This position is the primary point of accountability to Business Partners and other parties for the management and implementation of the medium to large size Projects or small to medium sized Programs that support achievement of moderate to complex unit or corporate goals.
Claim Business Intelligence & Analytics (CBIA) is expanding their project management capability with a focus on maturing the Analytic Insight project lifecycle and execution cadence. The primary focus of this position is to support the successful delivery of Analytic Insight or other Business Intelligence projects and deliverables to the Claim organization and provide right-sized strategic project management oversight based on business needs related to Business Intelligence capabilities which can be mirrored on similar projects. This position will provide the candidate with the opportunity to partner with other Claim areas to provide oversight on and execute projects and to mature and influence the project management capability in CBIA, especially as it related to Analytic Insight projects.
This individual will be part of a small, dynamic team and will collaborate with Business Partners and other parties for the management and implementation of Projects or Programs that support achievement of moderate to complex unit or corporate goals. In addition, this individual needs to have strong communication skills, the ability to problem solve, be self-driven to achieve results with little direction, be creative in working through solutions or lack of process and information and strong analytical skills.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
The focus of this position’s Project Management capacity is to ensure the successful delivery of Analytic Insight Business Intelligence activities, projects and deliverables to the Claim organization. Additionally, this position will support the maturation of the project management capability as it specifically adheres to the Analytic Insight project lifecycle.
The Project Director will have a hands on role planning and executing assigned projects, including project activities/processes and to ensure that established cost, time, and quality goals are met. The Project Director works with minimal supervision and is responsible for applying advanced Project Management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to Project deliverables, processes, and systems in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations. The Project Director should find opportunities to right-size traditional Project Management processes to fit the needs of each project, it’s stakeholders and the organization, with flexibility to merge different methodologies in accomplishing collective goals.
Typical project specific management responsibilities include:
- Lead medium to large size projects or small to medium size programs across the Claim organization
- Responsible for creating and maintaining team project plan and manages project financials (estimates, budget)
- Responsible for adhering to the demand management and capability planning processes for resource planning
- Responsible for the development and execution of the project’s communication plan and manages stakeholders
- Manage project risks and contingency plans and actively identify and resolve or escalate issues which may impact the project results
- Collaborate and integrate project planning milestones with other Claim areas
- Understands the need for right-sizing project management practices and process by finding the right balance of rigor and flexibility based on the need of the assignment
High School diploma or equivalent required. 5 years of project management experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
7 years of project management experience preferred.
2 years of experience managing others and/or project teams preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Manages team development, very active in the mentoring of members of the PM community, may have direct management responsibility of PMs.
Develops both IT and Non-IT Project budgets. Manages against them.
- Concrete experience in relationship and stakeholder management
- Concrete experience in portfolio and resource management
- Advanced Project Management experience
- Claim, Business Intelligence and/or Insurance experience preferred
- PMP certification is a plus
- Experience in process design and continuous improvement is a plus
- The ability to demonstrate features, but more importantly how the technology meets the business need to various stakeholders including senior management is a plus
- Experience with the design of visualizations, advanced analytic, guided analytic, dashboards, etc. is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for this job at https://travelersindex.contacthr.com/59057820
View More The Travelers Companies, Inc. Jobs
The Travelers Indemnity Company.
Website : https://www.travelers.com
In an uncertain world, Travelers is an insurance leader, committed to keeping pace with the ever-changing needs of our customers, and anticipating their needs for the future. There is no stronger testament to our dedication to protecting customers from loss than our continued innovation and ability to transform our industry.