THE BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON CORPORATION
Jersey City, NJ, United States
Sr. Specialist Developer - Digital Pulse','1811580','For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.','Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.','!*!
Technology Architecture and Data is the enterprise wide architecture and data services group at BNY Mellon. Our mission is to develop and articulate the holistic target state enterprise architecture and partner with various business lines and shared services to execute on a prioritized roadmap. These efforts ensure the optimal use of existing technology capabilities and the development of new ones to increase business revenue and lower costs while reducing risk, increasing resiliency, and enabling more effective service delivery. The team also formulates and executes on our data strategy to reduce complexity and eliminate redundancies in our data.
Digital Pulse is BNY Mellon’s proprietary big data analytics platform. Its mission is partner with the business and technology to deliver actionable insights to improve processes and business performance. The Digital Pulse platform works to ensure integrity and confidence in our information. We help to solve difficult problems and to answer the questions, “How are we doing as a firm?” and “How can we do better as a firm?
Digital Pulse caters to a wide spectrum of use cases by capturing data from several hundred applications and storing it in a variety of data. The platform is designed to enable sophisticated analytics including predictive analytics and machine learning while protecting confidential data. Some of the use cases include:
· Improving client experience
· Straight through processing
· Proactive thread mitigation
· Service level monitoring
· Process optimization
Digital Pulse has an opening for a UI Developer. The role requires excellent coding skills, strong command of big data platforms, an understanding of the overall direction that the industry is going, and the ability to break new ground within this environment. You must be able to translate customer business requirements into platform capabilities.
Key responsibilities include:
· Works as part of the core platform engineering team to develop and maintain the Digital Pulse portal front end.
· Ensures high quality delivery. Interpret and improve results.
· Analyze, define and document architecture and design that addresses requirements specified by the Product Manager.
· Develop according to UX standards that are established by the BNY Mellon UX team.
· Communicate outcomes in a timely and accurate manner to relevant parties.
· Act as an advocate for change management; encourages innovation and creativity in technology solutions.','!*!
· Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
· 8-10 years of experience in software development required
· Expert skill in Angular JS, React.JS, Node, HTML5, Karma, Protractor and other unit and integration testing frameworks for automated testing of modern web applications required.
· 5 years of coding experience in data services required. Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
· Familiar with Agile (Scrum) development methodology
· Detail oriented, collaborative, and curious
· Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus','United States-USA-NJ-Jersey City','','45172','45172','Information Technology','Experienced','Experienced','Architecture and Data-HR16450','','Sr. Specialist Developer - Digital Pulse
THE BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON CORPORATION
Website : http://www.bnymellon.com/
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. As of December 31, 2013, BNY Mellon had $27.6 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $1.6 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com, or follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon.