Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc
8 yrs required
Cypress, CA, United States
Legal, Work At Home
Apr 07, 2021
Under supervision, the Senior Counsel (A) reviews, drafts and negotiates a variety of commercial agreements for Mitsubishi Electric TRANE HVAC US LLC and for Mitsubishi Electric US’s Engineering Center in Suwanee, GA; (B) provides advice, counsel and training to the companies; (C) plays an active role in administering the legal compliance system for the companies; (D) manages products liability, warranty, commercial litigation, and customer disputes; (E) carries out special projects at the request of the General Counsel.
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
● Reviews, drafts and negotiates a variety of commercial agreements, depending on assigned businesses and overflow transactional work from the other ACO lawyers, and ensures that such agreements comply with the Company’s governance policies and procedures.
● Shares responsibility for transactional work for the Company’s joint venture, Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC US LLC, and for the Company’s Engineering Center.
● Manages products liability, warranty, commercial litigation, and customer disputes
● Shares responsibility for legal compliance for the assigned companies/business units by preparing presentations, conducting research, participating in legal compliance meetings, providing legal updates as needed, keeping minutes for the LCC meetings, following up on action items and carrying out other tasks assigned to Counsel by the EVP & GC.
● Provides advice, counsel and training to the business clients in various areas of the law, including antitrust, anti-bribery, advertising and legal compliance.
● Serves as supporting legal auditor for the group’s U.S. based companies.
● Conducts other legal research and analysis as needed.
● Prepares and delivers legal training to employees.
● Coordinate or head special projects for ACO Legal, Compliance & IP Division
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
● Law degree from a top-level national law school .
● Current, active membership in the State Bar of Georgia or California.
● At least 8 years’ experience in a law firm or corporate legal department.
● At least 4 years’ experience in drafting, negotiating and interpreting commercial contracts.
● At least 4 years’ experience in civil litigation..
● At least 2 years’ experience in legal compliance in the United States
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Fluency in a foreign language preferred, with an emphasis on Spanish or Portuguese.
● Excellent organizational skills.
● Excellent interpersonal skills.
● Ability to multi-task in a team-oriented, fast-paced, multi-cultural environment.
● Ability to travel as needed for business (at least quarterly), as main client is in Georgia.
● Ability to work in person or remotely.
Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc