AMETEK Aerospace and Defense is looking for a dynamic, high performing Program Manager for the Power & Data Systems Business Unit. This position must effectively manage assigned programs/projects from contract acceptance through production using established business unit procedures and resources. This individual will lead programs across locations and must be willing to travel. Key elements include an organized, data-driven, hands-on approach, leadership, and overall business acumen. Experience in a manufacturing environment with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering is required. Prior experience in aerospace and defense preferred. PMP and/or IMS Certifications are also a strong plus.
AMETEK, Inc. (www.ametek.com) is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annualized sales of more than $4.0 billion. The Company has approximately 14,000 employees at over 100 plants and 100 sales and service operations in the United States and more than 30 other countries. The company is a New York Stock Exchange company (symbol: AME) and has been listed since 1930.
Part of AMETEK’s Measurement & Power Systems Division, the Power & Data Systems business unit designs, manufactures and provides aftermarket services for starter generators, generator control units, motors, actuators, solid state power distribution systems & components, data acquisition and indicators for the commercial / military aerospace and ground vehicle markets. We currently have facilities in four locations: Wichita, Kansas; Harleysville, Pennsylvania; Binghamton, New York; and Bangalore, India.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for program schedules, task prioritization, risk assessment, and customer communication for assigned programs
• On assigned programs, be the primary liaison between AMETEK and the customer to ensure timely, professional response on project-related deliverables
• Work closely with Engineering, Sales, and Production teams to deliver results within multiple sites.
• Effectively communicate, schedule, and ensure execution of program deliverables across internal functional groups
• Management of cross-functional team to meet contractual customer requirements
• Negotiating with the customer any changes to product requirements
• Monitor supply chain in order to develop processes to optimize concurrent engineering philosophies
• Proactively identify trends/risks/opportunities and recommend actions to ensure the project achieves its commitments
• Provides technical advice and knowledge as needed on projects
• Leads/manages development of program plans
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical preferred)
• Master's in Engineering or Business preferred
• PMP preferred
• IMS a plus
• 5-7 years experience as an engineer with increasing responsibilities as a project engineer or project/program manager in an aerospace or power electronics manufacturing environment
• International experience strongly preferred
• Organized individual with the ability to assess program risks and implement appropriate action plans
• Exceedingly motivated individual with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Experience motivating teams to project completion with or without the benefit of a direct management reporting relationship
• Product design experience preferred
• Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing experience a plus
• Familiarity with global aerospace and defense markets
• Proven team player who has demonstrated capabilities in the following areas: excellent communication, presentation, leadership and interpersonal skills, well developed problem-solving skills; solid organizational skills; and the demonstrated ability to be self-directed and effectively relate to all levels of an organization
• Looking for a hands-on individual with the ability to see the big picture
• Ability to work well under pressure, multi task and meet deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to set goals and objectives to meet Business Unit
• The right person will be ambitious and flexible who wants to learn and grow professionally
• Computer skills to include MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Hyperion Enterprise and Oracle experience a plus.
• Travel: up to 25%
• Due to contracts with the United States Government, the candidate must be a US Citizen
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.
Website : http://www.ametek.com
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annualized sales of $3.5 billion. AMETEK has nearly 14,000 colleagues at over 120 manufacturing locations around the world. Supporting those operations are more than 80 sales and service locations across the United States and in more than 30 other countries around the world.