HCA Holdings, Inc
El Paso, TX, United States
Las Palmas Medical Center has special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women's Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, Oncology Services, and Wound Care Management.
All physicians, nurses and staff at Las Palmas Medical Center work to provide exceptional patient care. Our 327-bed hospital is a full service acute care facility.
Las Palmas Medical Center has a free-standing 40-bed, inpatient Rehabilitation Hospital, which treats patients with orthopedic conditions, strokes and other neurological diagnoses, multiple trauma, brain and spinal cord injury, arthritis and amputation.
Assist and supports the Process Improvement Patient Safety Program with review of patient care activities and clinical quality indicators for the trauma program. They are to collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physician and ancillary services to deliver quality health care.
* Assist with review of department and trauma policies on an annual basis
* Develop new policies as directed
* Assist with maintaining trauma certification in coordination with other staff members
* Collects data for quality control program and participates in the organization’s overall quality control program
* Monitor performance of hospital staff involved with the care of trauma patients through established indicators
* Monitor trauma patient outcomes; evaluate for trends
* Coordinate with physicians, nurses and other in-hospital staff and outside providers to evaluate and address specific patient care issues
* Participate in case review
* Assis the trauma director/administrative director and others in the development, implementation and evaluation of quality plan that is multi disciplinary, evidence based patient-outcomes focused
* Provide direction for the trauma coordinator for the identification, investigation, reporting and follow up of incidents and quality issues throughout the program while maintaining confidentiality
* Monitors the trauma team’s availability and compliance with policies and standards
* Assists the trauma Administrative Director / Director and trauma PI coordinator in identifying and developing organizational improvement opportunities while looking at specific clinical outcomes.
* Promotes positive customer service with internal and external customers
* Assists with the throughput of trauma patients throughout the system
* In collaboration with Trauma leadership and the trauma PI Coordinator, assist in providing trauma relation education as defined in the PI process
* Attend and participate in the monthly multi-disciplinary trauma committee meeting
* ACLS (6 month grace)
* PALS (6 month grace)
* TNCC (12 month grace)
* Current Compact or Texas RN license
* Associate, Diploma or BSN
* Three years clinical experience in ED with trauma designation (level IV or above) or ICU
_PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES_
* Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN)
* Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC)
* Advanced trauma nurse course (ATCN)
* One year process improvement involvement
* One year trauma experience
_SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES_
* Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work long hours and irregular hours with many interruptions
* Critical thinking skills
* Ability to lead others
* Communicates clearly and concisely
* Encourages team-building efforts
* Developed personal computer skills to include computer based scheduling
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse (RN), Trauma Coordinator
Location: Texas-El Paso-Las Palmas Medical Center - El Paso
Requisition ID: 01515-19786
HCA Holdings, Inc
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.