Lockheed Martin Corporation
Lufkin, TX, United States
Sep 15, 2022
Dec 29, 2022
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: The Lufkin Metrology Laboratory currently seeks a Sr Calibration Technician to perform the following duties:
• Calibrate, adjust and maintain electronic, electromechanical, mechanical, and torque measuring/indicating instruments to conform to set standards.
• Work from written instructions and information supplemented by technical job knowledge and experience.
• Research and develop or assist in the development of calibration methods and procedures according to detailed blueprints, drawings, and instructions.
• Prepare calibration data reports, data sheets, and other required documentation.
• Research and develop or assist in the development of automated calibration software.
• Resolve problems through interface with customers, vendors, and management.
• May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
Lufkin Operations facility was established in 1995 and became an integral part of the Lockheed Martin family in 1997. Its approximately 300 employees perform circuit card assembly, wire harness assembly, and final assembly, integration, and testing for several missile programs. Lufkin is the regional hub of East Texas, which includes 12 surrounding counties. It is best known for its vast pine tree forests that stretch for miles and the lakes and other waterways that provide great fishing and recreational activities. Local residents have an easy commute to and from Lufkin and have access to larger cities such as Dallas, Houston, and Shreveport, LA. Lufkin Operations facility’s commitment to excellence makes it the premier employer in our small, East Texas community. We have a highly motivated workforce dedicated and committed to the warfighter and to supporting the community. Your mission is ours!
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting and challenging position.
The Locale: Lufkin, Texas is a great place to live offering lots of things to do with a small-town charm. The cost of living is quite reasonable in this region so you can definitely live large in Lufkin! Lufkin is at the crossroads of East Texas at the intersection of Highways US 59 which leads to Houston and the Rio Grande Valley to the south and Nacogdoches and Texarkana to the North, and US 69 which leads to the Golden Triangle of Southeast Texas, Port Arthur and Beaumont to the Southeast and to Jacksonville, Tyler, Dallas, and Oklahoma to the North.
• Experience calibrating/adjusting electronic or
physical/dimensional test and measurement equipment.
• Ability to install, maintain, troubleshoot, and calibrate instrumentation and control systems on process equipment.
• Ability to complete scheduled and unscheduled work orders and preventative maintenance duties, while completing required documentation.
• Previous experience developing, reviewing, and
performing calibrations per standard operating procedures for required instrumentation.
• This facility requires special access so all candidates must be US Citizens.
• Experience using various automation platforms
(Met/Cal, Lab-View, Compass, Indysoft)
• Experience developing both manual and automated calibration procedures. Automated development using Met/Cal programming
• Good troubleshooting skills
• Experience in RF calibrations
• Experience with ESD Certification
• Experience working within an ISO/IEC 17025 accredited laboratory
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Website : http://www.lockheedmartin.com