Honeywell International Inc.
Plymouth, MN, United States
Bluecollar, Chemistry, Engineering
Oct 06, 2020
Jan 19, 2021
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Be part of a team that develops high-performance portable power sources for remote and autonomous systems. As an Electromechanical Technician, you will contribute to a variety of current advanced technology development projects ranging from prototype demonstrations to late stage product development. You will participate in the research, development, and certification of power sources with applications across multiple product lines and industries and, will have a direct impact on business results.
· Setting up and running physical-sciences experiments, generating critical data to support model validation and design decisions
· Developing and documenting build processes, providing feedback to scientists and engineers to make design and manufacturability improvements
· Building, testing, and troubleshooting prototype devices
YOU MUST HAVE
· Two-year (Associates) degree in electrical, mechanical, chemical, or engineering technology, or related degree program
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in an R&D or product development environment
· Experience working in a fast-paced R&D environment with a diverse team of scientists, engineers, and technicians
· Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events.
· Good interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with other individuals in a team or project setting.
· Experience developing test procedures and testing prototype devices (thermal, mechanical, gas/pressure, vacuum, chemical, etc.).
· Experience building and testing hydrogen-air proton exchange membrane fuel cells
· Experience with rapid prototyping tools (3D printers, laser cutters, adhesive dispense robots, etc.)
· Experience operating machine tools (drill press, mill, lathe) to fabricate simple parts and test fixtures
· Good dexterity and experience using hand tools to fabricate and assemble parts; experience working under a microscope
· Some experience using laboratory electronic test equipment (multi-meters, oscilloscopes, function generators, etc.) for basic electronics testing and troubleshooting
· Experience using data acquisition tools and setting up and running experiments
· Experience working in a glove box
· Some experience with wet and dry chemistry
· Some experience using mechanical CAD (CREO or Solidworks preferred) to design simple parts
· Excellent physical intuition and ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex multi-physics problems
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
Honeywell International Inc.
Website : http://www.honeywell.com