Ross Stores, Inc.
Sr. Financial Analyst - Transportation
Responsible for month close, yearly budget generation, monthly variance analysis, forecasting, and various financial projects related to Transportation. A heavy user of spreadsheets and PC database software for analysis purposes.
• Perform weekly/monthly forecasts of Transportation expenses.
• Review the reasonableness of supporting Transportation data, assumptions, forecasting methodology, and final results of weekly expense forecasts. Recommend improvements in monitoring and forecasting processes and tools.
• Assist in the generation of the yearly budget and 5 year plan.
• Support the Month Close process to include consolidation and reporting of ledger accounts, explanations of variances from budget, and generation of Journal Entries as required. Interact with corporate finance staff as required to ensure accuracy of accounting entries.
• Monitor actual transportation cost transactions in the General Ledger for errors, incorrect classification and variances from forecasts and budget.
• Review monthly accruals for completeness and propriety.
• Assist transportation managers in resolving their accounting questions and researching General Ledger activity. Act as a liaison between Finance and Transportation for accounting and financial matters.
• Monitor and research transportation cost variances from budget and forecast.
• Assist the Sr. Manager of Finance and act as a stand-in as required.
• Provide decision support for operating management with ad hoc analysis. Other duties as assigned.
• Analysis and Judgment
• Business Acumen
• Customer Service
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• BS/BA in accounting or finance required.
• Coursework should have focused on accounting, finance, logistics, operations research, computer programming or advanced mathematics.
• 4-6 years experience with either financial or operations planning & forecasting required.
• Prior experience with operations analysis highly desirable.
• Ability to work effectively as a team member on projects.
• Strong interpersonal skills; confidently interact with senior personnel.
• Ability to thoroughly question the information provided by others in a non-adversarial manner.
• Understanding of budget preparation and variance analysis.
• Confidentiality concerning all projects.
• Ability to deal effectively with pressure, multiple tasks, deadlines and rapidly changing priorities.
• Advanced proficiency in Excel and Access.
• Knowledge of accounting theory and strong mathematical skills.
• Clear and concise oral and written communication skills.
May have supervisory responsibilities
Ross Stores, Inc.
Website : http://www.rossstores.com
Looking for a new spring dress? Get the same dresses you see at department stores for a fraction of the price. Fall in love with florals, make a statement in a sheath dress, or go bold with brights. Find them all at Ross.