HCA Holdings, Inc
Tampa, FL, United States
MEMORIAL HOSPITAL OF TAMPA
Memorial Hospital of Tampa has been providing comprehensive healthcare services for residents of south Tampa and the surrounding community for over 30 years. Recent renovations and the addition of state-of-the-art technology has kept the hospital modernized to provide high-quality medical care, including emergency medicine, diagnostic procedures, surgery, outpatient therapies and acute care for hospitalized patients. With a high caliber medical staff and a team of caring, skilled employees, it’s no wonder Memorial Hospital has a long-standing reputation for excellence.
Our parent company, HCA, is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services.
The CNA performs a variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN) in a complementary and assistive role. He/she assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance to the PCT’s training, competence and skills, hospital policies and procedures and the State Board of Nursing rules for delegated nursing tasks to unlicensed personnel. Consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked and safe patient care environment.
Under the supervision of the RN, performs delegated patient care activities as directed and ordered in accordance with one’s training, competence and skill. Delegated tasks may include:
* Obtaining vital signs, height and weight, intake and output, calorie counts, application of ice/heat, and/or simple non-sterile dressing changes.
* Safe patient handling: Turning and positioning, use of specialty beds, patient transfer and use of transfer devices, ambulation assistance and use of assistive devices, restraint alternatives, oxygen use and transport, suction use, pre-operative skin preparation and/or use of sequential compression devices (SCD).
* Specimen collection to include blood collection for bedside glucose testing. Correctly labels all lab specimens
* Assists the RN to collect data from patients on admission for patient processing and assists with patient transfer or discharge preparations as instructed.
* Assists patients with performing activities of daily living to include bathing, shaving, oral care, toileting, grooming, changing linens, providing water, ambulation, assisting with meal delivery and feeding as directed.
* Performs hourly rounding, consistently uses AIDET when interacting with patients and answers and responds to call lights timely.
* Provides supports by promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
* CNA certification with the State of Florida
* Basic Cardiac Life Support
* 1 year(s) of previous PCT experience in a healthcare setting, preferred
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA/PCT) Transitional Care Unit (Nights, rotating weekends)
Location: Florida-Tampa-Memorial Hospital of Tampa
Requisition ID: 26537-5710
HCA Holdings, Inc
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.