Food Lion, LLC
Monroe, NC, United States
Retail, Food Services
Mar 22, 2020
Jul 05, 2020
Position Title: Full-time Deli Service Leader - Food Lion
Lead the deli service element (olive bar, full service HMS, wet salads, grab n go, panini station, bulk meat and cheese) operations of the Deli/Bakery department and support the achievement of budgeted financial and sales goals. Build associate and customer relations and promote a strong culture in support of Food Lion strategy. Maintain solid communications with the management team, all associates in the store and throughout the organization.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Smiles and maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with primary emphasis on fast, easy, flexible and friendly customer service all while creating a positive shopping experience for customers.
• Role model outstanding, friendly customer service and use skills and knowledge of department products to offer solutions that meet or exceed customers’ expectations.
• Receive and prepare orders in an accurate and efficient manner.
• Perform total department functions as needed to meet production and customer service guidelines.
• Perform duties that ensure department appearance, quality, variety, workplace safety, and food safety are consistently maintained.
• Assist in growing sales through effective merchandising strategies.
• Is courteous and helpful to other associates.
• Treat all co-workers with fairness, dignity, and respect.
• Assist the Deli Mgr in hiring, training and developing associates including supervising performance through planning, coaching and disciplinary efforts.
• Supervise performance of all duties and responsibilities of all Deli/Bakery associates as/when assigned by management or in the absence of management.
• Controls department expenses through proper ordering and care for supplies and equipment.
• Understand, observe and follow all company policies and established standard practices including food safety, workplace safety, and sanitation.
• Ensure that department conditions involving appearance, quality, variety, safety, and food safety are consistently maintained at the highest level.
• Observes and corrects all unsafe conditions that could cause associate or customer accidents.
• Maintain effective work schedules to meet production and customer service standards as well as associates’ personal needs.
• The lead will be required to work a rotational shift outside of their assigned area at least once a week at the discretion of the Deli/Bakery Manager and Deli Team Lead
• Understand and use company tools such as; financial reports, ACIS, scheduling, productivity, ordering (CAO), and business information systems.
• Maintain accurate records of production, shrink, sales, and inventory.
• Receive, store, process and merchandise all products in accordance with established department guidelines.
• Assist in communicating department and company policies to associates.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• A high school graduate or equivalent preferred.
• Deli, restaurant or food service experience helpful but not required.
• Ability to lead and manage a team.
• Strong understanding of store operations and merchandising techniques preferred.
• Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
• Ability to multi task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Must meet minimum age requirements.
• Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Ability to use computers and other communication systems required to perform job functions.
• Ability to use hand held computers for orders, mark downs, scan outs, and inventory.
• Stand 100% of the time with occasional walking short distances.
• Ability to push or pull up to 2000 pounds using a pallet jack or float.
• Perform repetitive hand and arm motions.
• Bend and lift products weighing up to 15 lbs. continuously, 25 lbs. frequently, and approximately 100 lbs. on occasion.
• Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning and packaging materials, and household cleaners.
• Stand 100% of the time with frequently walking short distances.
• Frequent reaching and grasping at waist level: occasionally above shoulder or below waist level.
• Meet established volume activity standards for the position.
• Tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time.
• Have sufficient visual ability to check invoices, dates, and other written documents.
Food Lion, LLC
Website : http://www.foodlion.com/