Honeywell International Inc.
Alpharetta, GA, United States
Engineering, It, Manager
Software Development Manager
Software Development Manager
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The Software Development Manager is accountable for managing and coordinating one or more agile scrum teams to deliver on-time software releases. The Software Development Manager builds a cohesive and powerful team of software developers; collaborates with departmental management to ensure clearly defined user requirements, product definition and acceptance criteria; implements appropriate development methodologies, best practices, documentation, and tools; and communicates status and risks based on complexity, resource and timeline constraints. The Software Development Manager champions and improves the continuous integration and deployment of software within and across teams.
· Manages and develops all direct supports into an efficient and highly productive software development team aligned to technical and business strategy
· Have strong knowledge in Microservice technologies
· Deep understanding on microservice deployment mechanism and patterns and build the team around it.
· Experience or demonstrate the knowledge on spring framework, spring cloud, spring security and Netflix OSS
· Experience on building the application on react architecture.
· Expert at Java and Integration mechanism and play evangelist role to evolve the patterns based on the business requirement
· Solid experience with Git, GitHub and various uses of Git.
· Build developer advocacy around writing the clean code.
· Experience in building the event based application with Spring Integration or Camel or React or other similar mechanisms.
· Strong knowledge on DevOps mechanism for on-prem or any other cloud services.
· Prior success in automating a real world production deployment
· Accountable for management of multiple concurrent projects
· Establishes goals and prioritizes work assignments of direct reports based on direction from the Director
· Provides leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development
· Aligns team to meet schedule and fulfill commitments
· Leads the creation of the system design and functional specifications for new development projects
· Provides senior level technical guidance.
· Implements appropriate development methodologies, best practices, documentation, and tools
· Participates in defining the strategies for product development
Proactively monitors and identifies metrics that can effectively report the overall health of projects and systems to mitigate risk and resolve issues before they are experienced by other groups/clients
25 Software architecture and coding
35 Manage Talent
15 Feature Definition
25 Customer Support
* YOU MUST HAVE *
A Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or equivalent experience is required;Master’s Degree in Software Engineering is a plus
At least five years of Software Engineering technical leadership experience
* WE VALUE *
Understanding of software development lifecycles
Experience in the supply chain / warehouse management domain is very favorable
Experience building enterprise-level Java-based software solutions using modern, open source technologies, patterns, and practices
Practical hands-on experience in an agile/scrum environment
Excellent problem-solving skills
Ability to analyze and solve complex technical challenges
Strong project management skills
Strong inter-personal, communication, and collaborations skills
Ability to mentor personnel
Exempt Discover Honeywell Intelligrated
Continued Professional Development
13560 Morris Road, Suite 3500, 3rd Floor, Alpharetta, GA 30004 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.
Honeywell International Inc.
Website : http://www.honeywell.com
Honeywell International Inc. operates as a diversified technology and manufacturing company worldwide. Its Aerospace segment provides turbine propulsion engines, auxiliary power units, environmental control and electric power systems, engine controls, flight safety, communications, navigation, radar and surveillance systems, and aircraft lighting products for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space, and airport operations, as well as offers management and technical, logistics, aircraft wheels and brakes, and repair and overhaul services. The companys Automation and Control Solutions segment offers environmental and combustion controls, and sensing controls; security and life safety products and services; scanning and mobility devices; process automation solutions; and building solutions and services for homes, buildings, and industrial facilities. Its Performance Materials and Technologies segment provides resins and chemicals, hydrofluoric acid, fluorochemicals, nuclear services, research and fine chemicals, performance and imaging chemicals, chemical processing sealants, fibers and composites, healthcare and packaging products, specialty additives, electronic chemicals, semiconductor materials and services, catalysts, renewable fuels, and adsorbents and specialties. This segment offers products for applications in the refining, petrochemical, automotive, healthcare, agricultural, packaging, refrigeration, appliance, housing, semiconductor, wax, and adhesives segments. It also provides process technology, products, and services for the petroleum refining, gas processing, renewable energy, and other industries. The companys Transportation Systems segment offers charge-air systems, thermal systems, and brake hard parts and other friction materials for passenger cars and commercial vehicles. Honeywell International Inc. was founded in 1920 and is headquartered in Morris Township, New Jersey.