Johnson Controls, Inc.
Senior Manager, Strategy - Advanced Analytics
Johnson Controls, Power Solutions
Senior Manager, Strategy - Advanced Analytics
We are not sitting still, are you?
Do you love using advanced data analytics to solve complex problems? Are you intrigued by the possibilities of using your Big Data and Machine Learning knowledge to have a huge impact on a major global corporation?
We are moving fast to harness the power of data and advanced analytics to change how we do business and how we compete. We need your data analytics and complex problem solving capabilities, as we optimize operations, bring Industry 4.0 to life and create new data enabled business models. If you can show that you can make a difference, the sky is the limit!
What you will do?
You will partner with Johnson Controls Power Solutions strategy teams and internal customers on high profile strategic and advanced analytics projects designed to shape the market, enhance competitive differentiation and drive operational improvement. You will collaboratively work with operations/ product management/ commercial business partners on strategic initiatives and bring an unbiased fact-based perspective to problem solving (this is key).
How you will do it?
- Lead and support strategic initiatives related to advanced analytics by conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses to inform business decisions through the use of primary / secondary data and advanced analytics / machine learning tools
- Be a trusted strategic and tactical advisor to internal clients by translating analytical solution into innovative strategies and execution recommendations
- Coordinate the delivery of multiple analytics assignments, agile sprint deliveries for internal JCI projects including business interpretation, modeling and turning insights into actions
- Document, analyze, and understand market trends, industry structure, customers, competitors, and product and technology.
- Support the design, coordination and execution of primary and secondary marketing research activities, i.e. data gathering, analysis, writing, reporting and presenting as needed.
- Conduct interviews with internal business clients and external experts to identify business issues and opportunities
- Assist with the development and establishment of specific analysis tools relating to markets, customers, technology and operations
- Act as a thought leader and trusted advisor in the analytics/data science/AI domain
- Apply advanced data analytics to analyze manufacturing and supply chain operations performance to identify improvement opportunities
- Apply advanced data analytics to a wide range of business problems that are high priority for value creation (Illustrative examples, identifying root causes for quality issues, diagnosing potential equipment or product failure, identify market trends, identify key drivers for warranty issues, assess customer behavior, etc.) .
- Construct financial and economic models and builds spreadsheet models to analyze data
- Perform other job related duties as needed
What we are looking for?
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics , Information Systems or equivalent technical degree
- Advanced degree in Statistics/Mathematics/Economics or MBA from top tier business school is preferred
- 7 years total experience including time earning an advanced degree
- 2 hands-on experience with Python or R and the supporting analysis libraries / ecosystem
- Problem Solving, Advanced Analytics, Work Structure and Management
- Ability to structure and solve complex business problems
- An excellent understanding of both traditional statistical modeling and Machine Learning techniques and algorithms: Regression, clustering, ensembling (random forest, gradient boosting), deep learning (neural networks), etc.
- Proficiency with SQL and experience in working with databases.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities (e.g., Excel modeling, issue prioritization)
- Strategic thinking and business expertise
- Broad functional exposure
- Ability to identify and focus efforts on the most critical aspects of a problem
- Can connect the dots between disparate data sources to drive insight
- Comfort with ambiguity and imperfect data
- People, Teamwork and Leadership
- Strong executive presence; not through arrogance, rather collaboration and influencing
- A team player able to work with and through others with the ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Strong relationship builder
- Passion and Drive
- Passion for industrial and energy sector
- Curiosity to ask probing questions and make discoveries
- Drive to find the right answer
- Commitment to excellence
- Strong operations and/or supply chain experience in automotive/industrials/consulting space is preferable
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Will vary based on business demands, but is estimated at 20-40%.
Who we are?
At Johnson Controls, were shaping the future to create a world thats safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls has more than 100 years of experience delivering vehicle batteries to meet our customers evolving needs. We provide batteries to global automakers and aftermarket distributors and retailers. Our global footprint, manufacturing capabilities, and our value added services ensure we deliver a high quality product to our customers and support their growth, wherever they are located.
Johnson Controls, Power Solutions business produces 152 million batteries - one-third of the industrys output - every year. We power every type of passenger vehicle, heavy-duty and light commercial trucks, motorcycles, golf cars, lawn and garden tractors, and marine applications. We have 15,000 employees working in more than 50 facilities worldwide to support our customers growth wherever they are located. We have locations throughout the world including two new factories in China, where were manufacturing lead-acid batteries for a rapidly growing Chinese automotive market, and Holland, Michigan, where our facility became the first in the United States to manufacture lithium-ion cells and complete hybrid battery systems for automobiles.
Power Solutions has industry leading programs focused on advancing best-practices around the circular economy (recycling). We design batteries so that 99 percent can be recycled. Our recycling network recycles 8,000 batteries per hour.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email
Johnson Controls is a global multi-industrial company with core businesses in the automotive, building and energy storage industries. Our 170,000 employees create quality products and services to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings, energy storage and interior systems for automobiles. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful.Johnson Controls, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or accommodation during the application process please call ************ and press option #0 or email **********************.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Johnson Controls, Inc.
Website : http://www.johnsoncontrols.com
Johnson Controls, Inc. is engaged in building efficiency, automotive experience, and power solutions businesses worldwide. Its Building Efficiency segment designs, produces, markets, and installs integrated heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems, as well as building management systems, controls, and security and mechanical equipment. This segment also provides technical services, energy management consulting, and operations of real estate portfolios for the non-residential buildings market. In addition, this segment offers residential air conditioning and heating systems, and industrial refrigeration products. The companys Automotive Experience segment designs and manufactures interior products and systems for passenger cars and light trucks, including vans, pick-up trucks, and sport/crossover utility vehicles serving original equipment manufacturers. This segment offers seating systems and components; cockpit systems consisting of instrument panels and clusters, information displays, and body controllers; overhead systems, such as headliners and electronic convenience features; floor consoles; and door systems. The companys Power Solutions segment produces lead-acid automotive batteries, as well as offers absorbent glass mat and lithium-ion battery technologies for hybrid and electric vehicles. It serves automotive original equipment manufacturers and the general vehicle battery aftermarket. The company was formerly known as Johnson Electric Service Company and changed its name to Johnson Controls, Inc. in 1974. Johnson Controls, Inc. was founded in 1885 and is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.