HCA Management Services, LP
Austin, TX, United States
Bluecollar, Healthcare, Customer Service
*St. David’s North Austin Medical Centeris part ofSt. David’s HealthCare, one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was recognized with aMalcolm Baldrige National Quality Awardin 2014. The 378-bed multi-specialty, acute care facility is dedicated to the highest level of women’s health services, including maternity and newborn care with Level I, II and III nurseries at the adjacentSt. David’s Women’s Center of Texas. The facility also features a 24-hour emergency department, theTexas Institute for Robotic Surgery, the Bariatric Center, heart and vascular center, neurology and neurosurgery, a kidney transplant program, inpatient and outpatient surgery, and acute inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, among many others. St. David’s North Austin Medical Center is also home toSt. David’s Children’s Hospital. In 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016, the hospital earned a national distinction for patient safety fromThe Leapfrog Group
_The Best is Here - St. David's Healthcare - Austin Texas_
Housekeeping / Environmental Services Tech performs a variety of duties for the cleaning and maintenance of the hospital. The primary responsibility of the Housekeeper is to provide the highest quality of service to customers at all times. In order to fulfill these responsibilities, Housekeepers clean offices, patient rooms, guest rooms, bathrooms, lavatories, halls, food service areas, patient service areas, and any other area that may need attention.
* Cleans light fixtures, ceiling and vents, walls, mattresses, furniture, windows and window coverings, floors and carpets, restroom, fixtures and showers.
* Replenish paper and plastic products.
* Move furniture, supplies and equipment.
* Hang draperies (to include cubicle and shower curtains).
* Set-up tables and chairs in auditorium or halls.
* Push/pull cleaning cart or flatbed, carry buckets.
* Operate equipment such as vacuum cleaner and telephone.
* Maintain equipment and wear protective clothing as required by the work environment or government regulations.
* May also train workers engaged in cleaning and maintaining the premises.
* Uses resources in an efficient and cost effective manner.
* Participates in peer review.
* Participates in developing other staff and affiliating students.
* Maintains and develops own professional competencies.
* Maintains and promotes a team spirit through active cooperation and collaboration.
* Assists in interdepartmental service coordination.
* Actively participates in the Performance Improvement and Utilization
* Review programs.
* Assists in directing and guiding staff in the coordination of unit operations.
* Assists in all aspects of care if in the environment, such as dietary, housekeeping, infection control, and supply and equipment management.
* Attends 80% of in-services and departmental meetings.
* Help provide staff to other areas of the hospital when needed.
* Adheres to dress code, conduct and attendance policies.
* Accepts both positive and negative constructive feedback.
* Attends at least 80% of in-services and departmental meetings.
* Demonstrates a supportive/positive attitude toward the hospital and fellow employees – is a positive team member.
* Expresses self in an organized, comprehensive, articulate and concise manner.
* Develops specific work plans and due dates.
* Follows through on planned assignments within assigned timeframes.
* Demonstrates willingness to accept extra assignments
* Adjusts to changes, work pressures or different situations without due stress
* Demonstrates skill in developing improvement work methods
* Effective in cost control and resource utilization
Full & Part-time positions eligible for benefits
Medical, Dental and Vision Healthcare
Short & Long Term Disability
10th grade education or higher
Must be able to read and write English.
Ability to understand and participate in conversational English
Ability to read text on pagers
Housekeeping, janitorial or environmental service experience preferred but not required
Job: *Environmental Services
Title: EVS Technician - Full-time, Day shift w / Weekend Rotation
Location: Texas-Austin-North Austin Medical Center
Requisition ID: 08224-67515
HCA Management Services, LP
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.