UAB Health System
Birmingham, AL, United States
Jan 03, 2022
Apr 18, 2022
NETWORK TECHNICIAN ENTERPRISE','UAB000CW','!*!To assist higher level technicians on routine activities relating to networking monitoring, operations, and maintenance.
$18.35 - $29.80
','!*!High School diploma or GED required. Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement.
· Good interpersonal skills
o Work independently and as a member of a team.
o Deliver customer support both in-person and over the phone in a professional manner
o Maintain cooperative work relationships and ability to demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse population.
· Learn and apply new technical knowledge quickly
o Analyze end user hardware and software, including operating systems and application support
o Troubleshooting and resolve problems with network attached devices in a large enterprise health system.
· Good communication skills.
o Good writing skills and documentation
o Should be able to communicate clearly with network engineers and end users
· Routine Tasks Include:
o Help replace legacy Network equipment
§ Uninterruptible Power Systems (UPS)
§ Access Switches
§ Wireless Access Points
o Make jumps in Communications Equipment Room as assigned.
o Installs, test, certifies and troubleshoots campus and remote-campus network cable infrastructure
o Help manage and maintain existing Network and peripherals.
o Work Add moves and change work queue.
o Help configure and install Cisco equipment.
o Work after hour’s on-call 24x7 support, rotate weekly.
o Other tasks as assigned.
· Familiar with network design
· Experience working in a hospital environment
· Experience with basic hand tools
· Basic troubleshooting skills. The ability to think logically and methodically arrive at a sound solution.
· Knowledge of structure wiring.
· Ability to make CAT 5 Ethernet Data cable
· Ability to accurately follow detailed written or verbal instructions
· Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to , lifting heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking. Must be able to tolerate confined spaces.
','UAB Health System','','','','','','Information Technology','702150000 Health System Information Services','Regular','','','Day/1st Shift','Day/1st Shift','NETWORK TECHNICIAN ENTERPRISE
UAB Health System
Website : http://www.uabmedicine.org