5-10 yrs required
Viburnum, MO, United States
General Maintenance Manager, Mine & Mill
Over the past few years you have honed your leadership skills in a maintenance environment. Now you’re ready to make an impact as a senior leader at an industry frontrunner. We’re an industry leader in mining and metal production. We operate one of the world’s largest lead mining districts and one of the largest single-site lead battery recycling centers. We’re looking for a General Manager, Mine & Mill to join over 1,000 people safely working together to provide valuable mineral and metal products to our customers around the globe.
This General Manager, Mine & Mill position is a highly visible role with a lot of responsibility for the ore mining plant. You’ll have a high level of influence on 5 SEMO sites. Providing guidance to supervisors on repairs, you will manage the mobile fleet, which consists of several hundred trucks, drills, mechanical scalers, loaders, dump trucks, and the stationary equipment. You will direct all Mine & Mill division maintenance activities and projects at our operations and oversee the engineering, maintenance and technical support staff. You will drive all maintenance group and activities, not just coordinate them, as well as keep track and control maintenance department and project budgets. You will ensure that the division has a high level of mobile and plant equipment availability to meet production goals. Overseeing long range planning and identifying areas that need improvement, you will set up leadership groups to discuss needs and priorities and assign appropriate people to manage development of projects. Effectively, you will evaluate and develop direct reports using effective performance management and coaching techniques. You are expected to establish priorities on rebuild programs; manage vendors and monitor the quality of those vendors. In this role, you will identify coaching opportunities and take the initiative in developing staff. Expect to spend 30 percent of your time in the field.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field required (not required if transitioning directly from another mine as a Maintenance Manager)
• Minimum of 5-10 years of leadership experience in industrial maintenance, maintenance engineering or operations maintenance
• Must have leadership skills
• Must understand fleet equipment maintenance
• Capital project management skills and experience required
• Vendor management experience preferred
• Budget and forecasting experience, preferred
• Experience in mining, coal or metals (like smelting, recycling, etc.) a plus
• Both management and field/fleet maintenance experience, a plus
• Must be an effective communicator (verbal and written)
• MSHA/OSHA knowledge
• Proficiency using MSO (Word, Excel, Power Point) coupled with exposure to financial, time keeping and people management systems and databases
• Able to work underground
• Strong knowledge of both surface and underground mobile equipment
• Valid current driver’s license
What You Can Expect from Us
• Tremendous growth opportunity
• A company of values: safety, integrity, collaboration, respect, stewardship and sustainability
• Full suite of excellent benefits, including medical, dental and vision starting on first day, plus:
• Long- and short-term disability
• Supplemental life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Company-matching 401(k) plan
• Flexible spending accounts
• Vacation pay bonus
• Profit sharing
• 9 paid Holidays / 2 paid vacations days; Earn up to 3 additional days off per year under Safety Day Program
• On-the-job-training courses
• Employee rewards for meeting/exceeding company goals
• Cell phone (for managers and up) and Laptop
• Tuition reimbursement
• Relocation assistance available
About our Company
We are a metals and mining company with a mission to provide value to our stakeholders and stockholder by delivering a sustainable supply of select minerals, metals and services to meet the needs of a growing world population.
If you want to grow with an industry leader, join this company. Apply now to submit your updated resume for consideration or you can call our recruiter, Brendan at 561-277-1295.
Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer.