state bar of california
San Francisco, CA, United States
The State Bars Office of Human Resources seeks an experienced Principal Employee Relations Analyst that is responsible for complex analytical work that impacts the strategy and direction of the State Bars employee and labor relations. The Principal Employee Relations Analyst exercises independentjudgment in providing advice to operating departments; participates in complexcontract negotiations, contract administration, and informal and formalgrievance proceedings; conducts workplace investigations; provides training;and performs other employee and labor relations duties.
This is a manager-level position and reports to the Human Resources Director.
This position is based in San Francisco but will require frequent travel to the Los Angeles office.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
· Act as a State Bar representative in contacts with the union on meet and confer processes, grievances, disciplinary actions and other employee and labor relations activities.
· Provide advice and consultation to managers, supervisors and employees in the interpretation of human resources policies, procedures and contract application.
· Provide advice and consultation to managers and supervisors on issues of employee performance, conduct or attendance. Assist managers and supervisors in all aspects of the performance management process, including counseling, performance evaluations, notices of discipline and grievance processing.
· Conduct and coordinate internal factual investigations into State Bar workplace issues and produce investigation reports. Types of investigations include, but are not limited to, complaints of illegal harassment or discrimination; whistleblower complaints; workplace violence;employee misconduct; and employee performance issues.
· Serve as the designated EEO Manager. Evaluate complaints of discrimination; evaluate the success of EEO policies and identify areas needing improvement; develop and manage training programs aimed at preventing harassment and discrimination; investigate EEO complaints and manage the complaint resolution process.
· Develop and implement training programs for managers and supervisors on all aspects of employee and labor relations.
· Conduct analytical and organizational studies regarding departmental and program activities; evaluate alternatives, makere commendations, and assist with the implementation of procedural, administrative, and/or operational changes after approval.
· Supervise, train and develop staff.
· Principles and practices of employer-employee relations, organizational analysis and human resources administration;
· Disciplinary principles, practices and procedures.
· Organizational and management practices as applied to the analysis, evaluation, development and implementation of programs, policies, and procedures.
· Principles and practices of public administration as applied to operational unit and program administration.
· Research and reporting methods, techniques and procedures.
· Applicable Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations.
· Conduct investigative interviews.
· Conduct complex research, including evaluation of alternatives, making sound recommendations, and preparing effective reports and presentation.
· Plan and conduct effective management, administrative, and operational review and analysis.
· Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with employee organizations representing county employees.
· Develop and administer employer-employee relations policies, guidelines and procedures.
· Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Supervise, evaluate and train assigned personnel.
· Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in business or public administration, human resources, or a related field, and (4) years of professional level human resources experience which must include two years of labor/employee relationsand negotiations. Experience in a government/public sector environment is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $105,000.00 to $140,000.00 /year
state bar of california