HCA Management Services, LP
Margate, FL, United States
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:The Director, Physician and Provider Relations,SurgicalSpecialist is responsible for developing and retaining customer relationships to drive business growth for key hospital surgical service lines. The specialist works as an extension of operating room/cath lab/procedurally focused service lines and hospital leadership to grow hospital volumes. These customers are primarily surgeons but can also include: CEOs of outreach hospitals, EMS leadership, free standing ER/urgent care leadership and staff, advanced practice providers, surgical leadership, and physician office staff. The surgical specialist represents a key leadership role in the hospital and is proficient in working within an integrated sales organization.
SUPERVISOR:Reports to Division Vice President of Physician and Provider Relations. Matrixed reporting relationship to hospital CEO.
SUPERVISES: Not applicable.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Develops and executes strategic plans to grow hospital volumes, including inpatient admissions, outpatient services and surgical volumes.
* Engages with surgeons in the OR, fully understands OR protocols and procedures, and is recognized as an expert in surgical services.
* Evaluates market data and financial information for primary facility service lines in collaboration with leadership, to identify priorities, create data-driven customer target lists, call cycles, and develop sales plans with measurable results.
* Identifies barriers and communicates to leadership using CRM system. Is responsible for Issue Resolution processes and works to implement solutions and completes follow-up meetings to gain or retain business.
* Actively prospects for new business and growth in hospital environment
* Using internal and external data and resources, develops an understanding of surgical and procedural service line attributes, trends and opportunities to develop a clear service line strategy and growth plan with measureable results.
* Builds data-driven business cases for strategic growth proposals such as physician recruitment/employment, service line development, equipment purchases or foot-print expansion and proactively presents to facility leadership
* Demonstrates deep understanding of the clinical operations within the surgical services area; including but not limited to OR protocols, general OR terms and roles of the surgical services staff.
* Understands and is able to work well in the surgical services department within the facility.
* Develops understanding of customer’s business and challenges, and uses that understanding to develop sales plan and customer focused solutions.
* Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with department directors and builds team strategies for volume growth and retention.
* Identifies critical activities and tasks, effectively allocates time to consistently meet or exceed productivity expectations; develops and maintains a call cycle and routing plan.
* Executes sales strategies and monitors effectiveness of sales plan and modifies strategies and activities as necessary based on measurable results. Educates customers on services offered by facility and effectively conveys benefits of the business relationship. Completes consultative sales meetings with customers to gain a thorough understanding of customer needs and requirements. Consistently uses CRM system to track activities.
* Prepares and present sales reports as required by leadership to identify trends, additional business opportunities and obstacles to business growth.
* Participates in annual strategic business planning and leads medical staff development/succession planning
* Executes strategic physician engagement projects, including but not limited to the Physician Engagement Study, Medical Staff Planning, and Physician Referral Panel programs
* Understands and adheres to company policies with respect to the sales function. Adheres to company code of conduct. Completes all ongoing training required for the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Customer Focus– Creates customer focused practices to ensure that the customer perspective is the driving force behind business decisions and activities.
* Driving Execution/Results– Ability to translate initiatives into action and creates accountability in self and others.
* Compelling Communication– Communicates in a focused and compelling way that drives thought and action. .
* Building Strategic Relationships– Ability to effectively communicate complex strategy to all customer bases to achieve goals. .
* Effective Administrative Skills– Ability to prioritize and manage time to ensure appropriate resource allocation and optimization.
* Emotional Intelligence– Establishes and sustains trusting relationships in the context of a complex political environment.
* Business Acumen– Clearly understands facility and division opportunities and leverages that understanding to reach goals.
* Sales Ability/Persuasiveness- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of facility services from current and prospective customers.
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
* Master’s degree in Healthcare, Healthcare Administration or Business a plus.
* Seasoned “consultative or service-oriented” sales experience required. 5 years of progressive healthcare sales experience in hospital, pharmaceutical or device sales; comparable experience may be considered.
* Preferred – hospital physician growth and development experience
Job: *Sales & Business Development
Title: Physician and Provider Relations Surgery Sales Specialist
Location: Florida-Margate-Northwest Medical Center - North Broward County
Requisition ID: 25742-5335
HCA Management Services, LP
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.