HCA Holdings, Inc
San Antonio, TX, United States
Full Time - Mixed (rotating weekends)
Center City San Antonio is the backdrop for a vibrant and diverse community of patients served by Metropolitan Methodist Hospital. Our 354 bed hospital offers outstanding heart and cancer care, general surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, obstetrics and gynecology services, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, sleep disorder evaluation and the largest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our women’s pavilion, the only stand-alone facility in downtown San Antonio dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies, has earned an excellent reputation, one baby at a time.
Metropolitan Methodist Hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare and for the third consecutive year as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. We are pleased to announce it is the first hospital in San Antonio to achieve Pathway to Excellence designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. We have also been nationally recognized by Leapfrog for our focus on safety and quality, receiving a Grade A Hospital Safety Score. For more information, please visit our website atwww.sahealth.comand select Metropolitan Methodist Hospital under Locations.
General Statement of Duties:
TheFood Service Workerassists with the preparation of foods and beverages for patient tray lines by cleaning work areas, equipment, and utensils, set up, and service. Serves a range of hot and cold food items.
Essential Job Functions:
* Demonstrates correct food handling techniques such as portioning serving sizes by using appropriate serving utensils, and controlling temperature of tray line foods in accordance to HACCP regulations.
* Demonstrates a complete understanding of prescribed sanitation regulations such as washing hands, changing of gloves/aprons, and use of sanitized water.
* Maintains and cleans work areas, including floors, facilities, utensils, and equipment; collects and places garbage and trash in designated containers. Delivers and retrieves patient food trays in a timely manner and at the proper temperatures.
* Demonstrate the ability to work at least 50% of the stations on tray line.
* Replenishes foods, silverware, dishes, and trays at serving stations; may replenish condiments as needed.
* Understands basic diet restrictions as applied to tray line operations, and adheres to established tray line procedures to meet the diet restrictions.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Minimum License and Certificates Required:*
Food Handlers permit or must obtain during the first two weeks of hire date
Job: *Food Services & Nutrition
Title: Food and Nutrition Service Utility Worker - FT, Mixed (rotating weekends)
Location: Texas-San Antonio-Metropolitan Methodist Hospital
Requisition ID: 01578-90126
HCA Holdings, Inc
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.