Manager, Internal Audit
Job Locations US-GA-Atlanta
Posted Date 1 month ago(4/9/2018 8:32 AM)
Type Regular Full-Time
Job ID 4892
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, BlueLinx, is a leading distributor of building products in North America. Employing over 1,500 people, BlueLinx offers thousands of products from suppliers all over the world to service over 10,000 customers nationwide, including dealers, industrial manufacturers, manufactured housing producers and home improvement retailers. The Company operates its distribution business through a vast network of distribution centers located throughout the U.S. BlueLinx is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol BXC.
Position Purpose Summary:
Works closely with the Internal Audit Director to manage critical aspects of the Financial Audit area of the Internal Audit department including SOX Compliance activities, execution of any financial related Internal Audit projects, and coordination with external auditor. Executes audits and special reviews of processes, and other activities of Company functions (including distribution facilities), to ensure reliability and integrity of information, proper recording of transactions, safeguarding of assets, compliance with policies and procedures, achievement of operational goals and objectives, and effective and efficient use of resources.
- Understand the companys vision, mission, and strategy; understand business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly.
- Identify business process risks; assist Director with the development of the internal audit plan using a risk-based approach in conjunction with senior management, line of business management and external auditors.
- Perform project management duties in the planning, scheduling, coordinating, reviewing and reporting of the work of internal auditors and provide expertise in auditing standards, performance criteria, and audit requirements.
- Prepare audit programs, perform or review testing, and facilitate remediation of control findings. The focus of this responsibility will include financial, operational, compliance, IT, and other types of audits necessary to support the annual audit plan.
- Support continuous improvement activities related to overall internal audit approaches, tools and methodologies, and productivity; support efforts to drive efficiency and automation of Sarbanes-Oxley testing approaches; implement and support the overall internal Quality Assurance and Improvement Program to ensure compliance with The Institute of Internal Auditors International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Rationalize and overhaul current SOX 404 project to include approach and testing methodology, process documentation format, and coordination with external auditor and co-sourcing firm.
- Develop and oversee the testing of the Companys Sarbanes-Oxley 404 program (Business Processes), focusing on testing compliance in the most efficient and effective manner; execute and review work performed, evaluate exceptions/deficiencies, coordinate work with Companys external auditor, and communicate results to appropriate stakeholders.
- Manage the SOX process documentation change management function, to help facilitate the effective and efficient planning and implementation of changes to financial and operational processes and controls.
- Execute tasks/testing for investigations and management requests on an as-needs basis; provide ad-hoc analysis and reports as requested.
- Develop reports to the Audit Committee on the companys system of internal controls, significant audit recommendations, and investigations into fraudulent activity.
- Identify opportunities for enhancing efficiency and effectiveness of operational, financial, and compliance processes.
- Effectively interface with various levels of management; maintain and develop relationships with external auditors.
- Manage, mentor and support the efforts of the Internal Audit team (including any outsourced internal auditors) and assist Director to establish short and long term departmental goals. Ensure necessary training occurs for Internal Audit organization.
- Act as a key liaison with the external auditors and co-sourcing firm on a day-to-day basis.
- Participate in quarterly ERM and earnings disclosure process, as directed.
- BA / BS Finance or related degree preferred. MBA or Masters a plus.
- Professional Certification Required; CPA Strongly Preferred; CIA, CISA, or CFE Plus
- 5-7 years related experience required (internal audit, financial statement audit, and/or audit consulting experience); Big 4 (Audit or Advisory Services), Public Company Internal Audit, or Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance
- Strong internal control orientation; solid understanding of auditing, GAAP, PCAOB Audit Standards, SOX Section 404, risks and controls
- Highly organized and detail oriented. Excellent time management, analytical, communications and interpersonal skills. Ability to meet deadlines, multitask, prioritize and work independently.
- Strong documentation (reporting, narratives, and flowcharts) and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with various disciplines within and outside the organization.
- Supervisory experience with leadership skills including strong abilities to teach and coach; experience managing direct reports to achieve deadlines/audit plan requirements.
- Knowledge of information technology tools used in the audit process including IDEA, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Excel, TeamMate, Visio, etc.
- Experience with SEC reporting a plus.
- Ability to effectively interact with company leaders; ability to thrive in a team environment working both within the department and on cross-functional teams to solve multi-faceted business issues.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Approximately 25% travel
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.bluelinxco.com
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, BlueLinx Holdings Inc., operating through its wholly owned subsidiary BlueLinx Corporation, is a leading distributor of building products in North America. Employing over 1,700 people, BlueLinx offers greater than 10,000 products from over 750 suppliers to service approximately 11,500 customers nationwide, including dealers, industrial manufacturers, manufactured housing producers and home improvement retailers. The Company operates its distribution business from sales centers in Atlanta and Denver, and its network of 50 distribution centers. BlueLinx is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol BXC.