Pacifica Law Group
Seattle, WA, United States
Jan 11, 2021
Legal Assistant - Real Estate Practice Group
Pacifica Law Group serves public and private clients in the Pacific Northwest with high-level expertise and intellect, and a commitment to the dynamics and values that drive Northwest companies and civic entities. Pacifica offers legal counsel and services to clients regarding litigation, appeals, municipal finance, construction, public-private partnerships, real estate, education and school districts, complex transactions, public records, ethics, and other areas of general municipal law for public and private sector clients. We are looking for a strong, full-time legal assistant to join our busy real estate team.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a sophisticated real estate transactional practice and work in a dynamic, expanding and team-oriented atmosphere while enjoying the benefits of a mid-size law firm. The position may include both administrative and paralegal responsibilities. Additional corporate experience would be a plus for this position.
• Provide general office support for real estate attorneys, such as: maintain and organize files; photocopy; maintain calendars; prepare expense reports; prepare and submit invoices for payment; schedule travel; coordinate meetings, calls and conferences to include ordering meals; and scheduling conference rooms.
• Provide support for the firm’s monthly billing process, track attorney time records and billing.
• Run conflicts checks and set up new clients and matters in the billing system.
• Prepare correspondence, documents and presentations; take responsibility for formatting, consistency and accuracy on time-sensitive, high-profile documents.
• Serve as a point of contact and communicate with clients.
• Calculate and calendar deadlines.
• Format, proofread and finalize real estate contracts; prepare and finalize basic correspondence and other legal documents as necessary.
• Establish and maintain paper and electronic filing systems; classify, sort and file correspondence, records, and other documents.
• Assist with title and survey review.
• Assist with the real estate transaction closing process, including: communicating the timelines and status of each transaction, preparing transmittal packages, and ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of document execution and delivery.
• Complete the post-closing document delivery process for each transaction, including review of closing documents, and preparation and delivery of final closing packages.
• Develop and maintain closing and due diligence checklists, and update our internal tracking system and files.
• Assist with corporate transactions and filings, such as entity incorporations; track and manage annual and periodic corporate filings with the Office of the Washington Secretary of State.
We offer a collegial environment and an excellent opportunity to continue to develop strong skills and professional growth.
• 3+ years of experience as a legal or executive assistant.
• Real estate experience is a plus.
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as Adobe Acrobat.
• Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills.
• Superb proofreading and editing skills.
• Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
• Must be self-motivated and able to meet deadlines under pressure.
• Must possess a willingness to learn and exhibit flexibility in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have the ability to work as part of a team, as well as to work independently.
• Use fingers and hands to type.
• Sit/stand for long periods of time.
• Occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change.
Pacifica Law Group values our differences and recognizes the importance of diversity in our firm, in the legal profession and in our community at large. We will not discriminate against candidates based upon race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristics protected by law.
We offer a competitive salary with full benefits.
Pacifica Law Group