Job ID: 145802
Oldcastle Enclosure Solutions (OES), a CRH company, has united the Carson®, Christy®, and Synertech® brands to form the largest manufacturer of plastic, polymer, and concrete utility enclosure products serving the municipal water, irrigation, electric, communications, and transportation markets. OES has 11 manufacturing and distribution centers strategically located across the U.S. and Canada.
Oldcastle Enclosure Solutions, a rapidly growing division of the Nation’s largest heavy construction materials business, is looking for a Plant Manager to join our team in Madera, CA. The Madera facility manufactures underground utility infrastructure products and is comprised of a polymer concrete production facility, dry cast concrete production facility and a distribution center that serves a large regional customer base. We are investing heavily in the people, plant and equipment to achieve world-class operational excellence.
Leading the team in our key focus areas of Safety, Customer Service, Operational Excellence, Growth, and People/Team Development, the Plant Manager is responsible for the daily operations and success of the entire site.
Safety and Employee Focus
- Manage & promote Plant, Business Unit & Corporate programs and processes. Ensure implementation of Oldcastle Enclosure Solutions philosophy of sincere concern for the health and safety of all employees.
Customer Service and Product Quality Management
- Provide leadership for the business unit in creating and communicating superior value for our customers. Manage resolving customer complaints and concerns and help to identify root cause and implement corrective action for product and service offerings that do not conform to the expectation of internal and external customers.
- Manage the facility within the agreed upon budgeted cost for expense, capital, and staffing guidelines. Lead continuous improvement efforts in production, product quality, maintenance reliability, housekeeping and logistics through root cause analysis (RCA). Lead maintenance team to achieve world class performance in machine availability.
- Identify key Capital investment projects to meet current and future production capacity requirements in conjunction with strategic business objectives and forecasts of sales growth.
People & Team Development
- Hire, train, develop and engage people so they have opportunity to learn and achieve their maximum potential to create highly effective, high performing teams. Provide leadership to staff, assessing performance, and directing all operational activities.
Excellent interpersonal and team work skills and the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
Strong production management skills - sound knowledge related to the production, processing and handling of different manufacturing equipment.
Demonstrated knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and methodologies.
Proven success in providing superior service to customers and at providing customer solutions.
The ability to manage change and pursue continuous learning and improvement.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in business, operations or engineering preferred.
5 plus years of Plant/Production/General Management Experience.
Experience managing employees, production, equipment, maintenance and / or quality control with increasing responsibilities and span of control.
Experience in a Self-Directed Work Team philosophy.
What CRH Americas Offers You
Highly competitive base pay
Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
Group retirement savings program
Health and wellness programs
A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Enclosure Solutions (OES), a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link
Imagine a company capable of providing the modern building materials needed to build our homes, schools, communities, even the bridges and highways to get you there. We are CRH, North America’s largest manufacturer of building products and the second largest globally. In North America we adopted our parent company name to become CRH, but, the strength, quality and legacy of our Oldcastle brand remains in our product groups, Oldcastle Infrastructure, Oldcastle Architectural and Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®. At CRH, we do more than manufacture products. We partner with our customers, design-build firms, construction professionals and owners to simplify the way we build and provide end to end solutions through our vertically integrated channels. We have the largest manufacturing footprint, the greatest product breadth, and lead many of the categories we work in. If you are looking to simplify the construction process, we can help you get there.