Java UI DEVELOPER - Journeyman (Entry-Level)
Duties will include, but not limited to:
• Design, implement, test, and document middle tier components: application services
• General data research/analysis of application data via SQL
• Support and advise application development teams on implementation of the OIT Common Framework target architecture
2 years' experience in required skills in the following areas; may have more overall IT experience:
• Experience using Tomcat or WebLogic
• Experience in Eclipse, NetBeans or Subversion (preferred)
• Experience with Git (preferred)
• Experience with Oracle Databases
• Experience with Front End Build Tools such as Gulp, Webpack, NPM, Bower, or Grunt
• Experience with Front End Testing frameworks such as Karma, Jasmine, and WebDriver
• Agile Experience or Training a plus
• Minimum 2 years of Java user-interface application development experience
• Demonstrated expertise with Java, Java Frameworks (JSF, SpringMVC, etc.), Object-Oriented Design, and Java Application Servers such as WebLogic or WebSphere, and relational databases such as Oracle or DB2
• Demonstrated expertise in software engineering practices (e.g., reading/generating software specs, design patterns, continuous integration)
• First-hand experience working with large project teams (working with the Federal Government a strong plus)
• Demonstrated interest in new, open source technologies
• Demonstrated leadership of large-scale software engineering projects a strong plus
• Service Oriented Architecture design and development experience a plus
• Code (preferably Java but will accept any language) and writing samples may be requested.
Education & Experience
BS Degree and minimum 3 years of experience or equivalent.
Clearance - Must pass CBP BI. Must have a DoD Secret or be eligible to obtain one.
Citizenship - Must be a US Citizen.
is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com .
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Job Location - 5971 Kingstowne Village Parkway, Alexandria, VA. 22315
Apply for this job at https://unisys.contacthr.com/60614719
View More Unisys Jobs
Website : http://www.unisys.com
We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. To provide these services and solutions, we bring together offerings and capabilities in outsourcing services, systems integration and consulting services, infrastructure services, maintenance services, and high-end server technology.