General Dynamics Information Technology
Washington, DC, United States
Help Desk, Bluecollar, It
Jan 12, 2022
Apr 27, 2022
Type of Requisition: Regular
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Public Trust/Other Required: NACI (T1)
Job Family: Help Desk
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter.
We are seeking a Tier One Helpdesk Technician to support work on our federal client, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission's (CFTC) infrastructure operations, maintenance, and support services.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Provide in depth technical assistance to desktop and laptop users. Answer questions or resolve customer computer issues; provide assistance concerning computer hardware and software including printing, MS Office suite, corporate email and Windows Operating Systems. Perform basic computer related troubleshooting and maintenance such as virus removal/password resets/email setup/software installs. Reviews computer systems in terms of machine capabilities and man-machine interface; prepares reports and studies concerning hardware; prepares functional requirements and specifications for hardware acquisitions; ensures that problems have been properly identified and that the solutions satisfy the user's requirements. Perform other services and various assignments related to the function of the Help Desk. The candidate must be able to organize, multitask, and provide quality customer service.
Additional Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide friendly and helpful customer service as first point of contact
• Provide technical and software support to end-users.
• Provide Phone support to desktop and laptop customers
• Assist the client in solving laptop workstation and networking issues
• Maintain and repair workstations, computers and peripherals.
• Install, configure, diagnose, repair and/or upgrade hardware and equipment ensuring its optimal performance
• Maintain working knowledge of products and/or services
• Enter and track activity and user information within trouble ticketing system.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
• Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Maintain and improve quality results by adhering to established processes, procedures and guidelines
• Recommend improved procedures for CSC responsibilities
• Inform and educate clients by explaining procedures; answering questions; providing information
Skills Required: High School Diploma/GED and three years of experience in IT. Demonstrate good social skills in a professional environment. Work in a team environment. Excellent verbal communications. Customer focus and service-oriented. Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU
Full-flex work week
401K with company match
Customizable health benefits packages
Collaborative teams of highly motivated critical thinkers and innovators
Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
Rewards program for high-performing employees
Discover more at www.gdit.com/careers
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
General Dynamics Information Technology
Website : https://gdit.com/