Syracuse, NY, United States
Bluecollar, Transportation, Trucking
Sep 15, 2022
Dec 29, 2022
Delivery Driver (CDL A)','46282','!*!Position Title: Delivery Driver (CDL A)
• Syracuse, NY
Airgas operates a modern and efficient fleet. Most vehicles are under 6 years old and equipped with driver-friendly technology, such as On Board Computers, collision avoidance technology, latest camera technology and GPS navigation.
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
As the “face of Airgas”, the Delivery Driver is responsible for safely and efficiently delivering compressed gas cylinders to local and regional business customers from an Airgas branch or plant location using a company provided straight or box truck. The Delivery Driver loads, unloads, delivers, and returns compressed gas cylinders while frequently interacting with Airgas customers.
In particular, you will:
• Safely loads, delivers and unloads cylinders containing compressed gases to customer locations. Delivers compressed gas cylinders to external and internal customer sites. Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtains signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Collects empty cylinders or rejected or unsold merchandise. Returns empty cylinders to either a plant or branch location for refilling.
• Establishes and maintains good customer relations. Listens to and helps resolve service inquiries and complaints.
• Provides timely communication back to manager or to the customer’s assigned Airgas sales associate regarding any changes or issues experienced by the customer.
• Maintains load manifests and all required vehicle documents by ensuring they are properly completed and reconciled with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries. Ensures that vehicle manifests, vehicle placards, cylinder labeling and load nesting and strapping at all times comply with Airgas safety standards (SAFECOR) and all government regulations including, but not limited to, those issued by the Department of Transportation (DOT), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Food & Drug Administration (FDA), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
• Performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections documenting deficiencies; ensures all safety items are in good working order.
• Works in warehouse or on dock as needed.
Are you a MATCH?
• Valid Class A Driver’s License.
• Valid Medical Examiner’s Card.
• Hazmat & Airbrake Certifications (or ability to acquire certifications as a condition of employment).
• Must have one (1) year of prior Class A professional driving experience within the last five (5) years and a clean driving record to include no more than two (2) convictions; OR two (2) at- fault accident in the last 3 years; OR no more than a combination of one (1) conviction and one (1) at-fault accident in the last 3 years.
• HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• In lieu of experience, may consider accepting a diploma from an accredited driving school and a minimum of one (1) year of prior driving experience within the last five (5) years.
• Must be at least 21 years or older
Safety is Our Passion. Airgas helps its drivers and the public share the roads safely so people and our product all arrive safe and sound. Airgas follows the FMSCA requirement for all motor carrier employers to run full queries of the Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse database for any violations during the pre-employment process for all new CDL Driver Hires to ensure they are not prohibited from performing safety-sensitive functions. All new CDL Driver Hires must register for the Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and allow Airgas consent to review their Clearinghouse record.
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products.
Through the passion and diversity of its 18,000 associates, Airgas fosters a culture of safety, customer success, sustainability and innovation. Airgas associates are empowered to share ideas, take initiative and make decisions.
Airgas is a subsidiary of Air Liquide, a world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health. Air Liquide is present in 78 countries with approximately 64,500 associates globally.
Join us for a stimulating experience: you’ll find a world of learning and development opportunities where inventiveness is at the heart of what we do, in an open, collaborative and respectful environment.
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to build a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the world.
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals, acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a changing world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
','Driver','Regular','United States-New York-Syracuse-13206','','Full-time','Sep 15, 2022','Delivery Driver (CDL A)
Website : http://www.airgas.com/