Upper Valley Medical Center
Dayton, OH, United States
Apr 05, 2021
Jul 19, 2021
','INSTRUMENT TECH/CENTRAL STERILE PROCESSING/FULL TIME/3P-11:30P/80 HOURS PER PAY','068427','!*!The Instrument Tech is responsible for the decontamination, inspection, maintenance, assembly, packaging, sterilization and distribution of surgical instrumentation, equipment, and supplies to nursing departments. Must show knowledge of operation, and proper handling, of all complex equipment within the department. Knowledgeable of general instrumentation and be able to receive instruction, and proficiently utilize information under a high level of pressure to perform and appropriately prioritize daily tasks. Possess basic computer skills. Maintains a professional image and behavior toward patients, visitors, physicians and other employees to create a positive impression consistent with professional etiquette. Will adhere to the Premier Health Core Values and the Standards of Behavior.
Essential Duties & Functions:
1. Decontaminates and sterilizes instruments, medical supplies and equipment, and assembles, wraps and sterilizes trays of instruments. Follows proper Standard Precautions while in decontamination and sterilization areas.
2. Monitors biological and chemical wash solution to ensure quality and consistency for decontamination of instruments and medical equipment.
3. Assembles surgical instrument trays, and medical equipment and makes them available to sterile processing customers in a timely manner.
4. Restocks, labels, and maintains inventory, submits requisitions, collects and distributes instruments, trays, crash carts, and facility medical equipment.
5. Performs environmental maintenance duties and assists in maintaining inventory levels in sterile processing, the operating room, and in equipment storage areas.
6. Verifies that equipment functions properly, requisitions for equipment maintenance, repair or replacement, and removes defective equipment.
7. Maintains a clean work area
8. Assists with maintaining established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, and quality improvement, safety, and environmental and infection control standards.
9. Communicates appropriately using good interpersonal skills.
','!*!Education Required: High School completion / GED
Experience Required: No prior job-related work experience
Preferred experience: 1 year sterile processing experience preferred
Knowledge/Skills: Knowledge of the hospital setting, infection control and medical terminology is highly desired. Computer skills and experience is preferred.
','OHIO-DAYTON-Miami Valley Hospital','1 WYOMING ST','','DAYTON','45409-2722','3P-11:30P','3P-11:30P','8 Hour Shift Length','8 Hour Shift Length','80','80','INSTRUMENT TECH/CENTRAL STERILE PROCESSING/FULL TIME/3P-11:30P/80 HOURS PER PAY
Upper Valley Medical Center
Website : http://www.uvmc.com