We are seeking a Senior Patent Paralegal with roughly five years of law firm experience to join our paralegal team.
Zilka-Kotab, PC is an intellectual property law firm located in the heart of the Silicon Valley, dedicated to providing the utmost in quality and service for the intellectual property needs of high technology companies.
The Ideal Candidate
5 years of US patent prosecution paralegal experience, including
o Prepare USPTO (United States Patent and Trademark Office) filings and e-file with the USPTO
o File various patent applications including provisional, non-provisional, continuation, and divisional
o Prepare and file transmittal letters, Power of Attorneys, Assignments, Information Disclosure Statements (IDS), RCEs, Terminal Disclaimers, After Final Consideration Pilot Program Request, Declarations for US Patent applications, Certificate of Corrections, etc.
· BA/BS and/or Paralegal Certificate from an ABA accredited institution
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment assisting where necessary throughout the office
· Willingness to adapt to existing office policies, procedures, and processes
· Must demonstrate strong English skills (both verbal and written) and possess the ability to communicate clearly and effectively ideas, questions, etc. to USPTO personnel, international associates, clients, co-workers, etc.
· Mastery of typical office setting applications including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe
· Outstanding attention to detail in document preparation and proofreading tasks
· Familiarity with IPDAS and Patricia (Patrix docketing) is a plus
· Will support partners and associates in all aspects of US patent prosecution
· Prepare and file all patent prosecution related documents
· Report all USPTO actions and filings to clients, including uploading to client systems when necessary
· Review and manage docket for deadlines
· Remain abreast of new USPTO rules, fees, forms, and filing procedures
· Perform duties as instructed by partners and associate
· Perform peer review where necessary
· We are located on North First Street near three major freeways, (87, 101 and 880) so the office is an easy commute from many locations in the valley · We foster a friendly and comfortable work environment, including casual attire, which we believe allows our staff to perform at their best · We believe each employee’s role is important in achieving the end goal, client satisfaction, and all work together to make it happen · Our office maintains typical office hours, but we allow flexible start times · We offer competitive salaries and benefit packages, including Profit Sharing