Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Get real world experience that could give you an edge when you take on the working world. Sinclair Radio of Seattle has an incredible opportunity for a driven intern who is ready for a challenge. See what it is like to be a part of the Radio Sales Department for KOMO News Radio, STAR 101.5 and Talk Radio 570 KVI radio stations. This is a unique opportunity for a college student aiming for a career in sales, communications, marketing, or business to gain experience in the heart of a working sales department.
This is a paid internship is for the Summer 2018 quarter.
Goals of Internship:
- Exposure to day-to-day operations of Radio sales department as well as all aspects of radio broadcasting
- Opportunity to establish relationships with sales professionals
- Understanding of sales /client relationships and how to sell radio
- Ability to learn promotion and event coordination as it relates to sales
- Gain administrative experience organizing sales materials for integrated broadcast and digital marketing campaigns.
- Preparation and Presentation of sales materials of all three stations
- Interfacing with our Customers
- Coordinate promotions
- Press and public relations
- Sales/marketing or career interests or other interest in the Business Field
- Responsible, positive attitude, directed, dependable, self- starter, strong communication, & writing skills
- Be organized and professional
- Be able to multi-task and take initiative
- Be self-directed and dependable
- Able to commit approximately 20 hours a week 5 days a week
- Minimum 12-15 hours per week (maximum of 20 hours per week)
- This is a paid internship and we prefer you to receive credit toward graduation for hours worked, but this is not required
- All offers are contingent on successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Job ID: 10215
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Sinclair Broadcast Group
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides sales services to 162 television stations in 79 markets, after pending transactions. Sinclairs television group reaches approximately 37.5% of US television households and includes FOX, ABC, MyTV, CW, CBS, NBC, Univision and Azteca affiliates. In addition, Sinclair owns four radio stations. Contact Info
- Seattle, WA
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.
Website : http://www.sbgi.net
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides sales services to 87 television stations in 47 markets. Sinclair's television group reaches approximately 27.1% of US television households and includes FOX, ABC, MyTV, CW, CBS, NBC, MTN and Azteca affiliates. Sinclair, either directly or through its Ventures subsidiary, makes equity investments in strategic companies. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. was founded in 1986, went public in 1995 and is traded on the Nasdaq Exchange under the ticker symbol SBGI.