The Westerly Hospital
New Haven, CT, United States
Jun 26, 2020
Oct 09, 2020
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the general supervision of the Real Estate Property Manager, and the daily supervision of the Lead Maintenance Specialist, performs a variety of maintenance and repair multi-trade tasks and preventive maintenance inspections. Responsible for the physical structure and grounds of the 2 Howe Street and Long Wharf property and other Temple Radilogy properties, including maintenance and repair of all equipment. Provides the property manager with daily updates of service requests and makes sure the contracted service is performed on the elevators, HVAC equipment, boilers, fire extinguishers, security/fire alarm system, pest control, cleaning services, generators, roofs, dumpsters, etc.
1. Responsible for the maintenance and repair of HVAC equipment to ensure efficient operation of same.
2. Performs routine maintenance and repair of plumbing throughout the buildings to ensure proper functioning of same.
3. Performs routine repair and maintenance of electrical systems to ensure efficient operation of same.
4. Conducts a thorough and careful inspection of the buildings structure and grounds to ensure cleanliness maintains good relations with tenants and to maintain efficient operation.
5. Responsible for the janitorial functions that need attention to ensure efficient operation.
6. Formulates and updates preventive maintenance tasks to ensure proper maintenance of all equipment.
7. Inspects and carefully examines all equipment on a regular basis to ensure efficient operation.
Position requires high school graduate plus additional training in more than one trade area.
2-3 years experience in more than one trade area while performing as a journeyman and performing general maintenance work. Must possess a valid Connecticut Driver's license and be able to drive and operate a 4 wheel drive vehicle with/without a snow plow. Previous experience with boilers and HVAC equipment is highly desirable.
Excellent communications, interpersonal, coordinative, and organizational skills.
Heavy physical activity, requires ability to stand and walk more than 4 hours per day, with ability to lift, push and pull heavy objects (exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds, frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds continuously). Work environment involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises which require following safety precautions; and, working with cleaning chemicals requiring Personal Protective Equipment (PPE's) provided.