Granite Construction Incorporated
SUB-CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR(Job Number: 180001FT)
Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America’s largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenship and we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
This position is responsible for the subcontracting activities for construction projects to ensure compliance with legal requirements and Company policies and procedures.
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Coordinate the preparation and closeout of subcontracts relating to construction projects to ensure compliance with Company policies as well as Federal and State requirements.
2. In collaboration with the Legal Department, negotiate the non-commercial terms and conditions with subcontractors to ensure the Company’s interests are upheld.
3. Lead the process for documenting the execution of Disadvantaged Business Enterprises’ (DBEs) commercially useful function requirements, DBE payment certifications, and the Company’s good faith efforts to attain DBE goals during the Project Execution Phase (Post-award) to ensure compliance with Federal and State contract requirements.
4. Manage all aspects of subcontractor payments and client billings to ensure compliance with agreements and company procedures.
5. Document preliminary notices filed by and under each subcontractor and track lien releases from subcontractors, suppliers and union trust funds to ensure proper accounting practices are followed.
6. Review and approve insurance and bonding certificates to ensure compliance with Company and Owner requirements.
7. Process and monitor Owner/Client required paperwork and maintain accurate files to ensure Company and subcontractor compliance.
8. Deliver accurate and timely information regarding “cleared for work” status of subcontractors to all field personnel to ensure proper execution of work.
9. Ensure subcontract language is in compliance with client and/or prime contract, including mandatory flow-down clauses to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
10. Guide project staff on contracting, purchasing and insurance requirements to ensure consistency.
Bachelor degree in related field required.
Contract law emphasis a plus.
MBA or law degree preferred
5+ years’ experience in contract administration
3+ years of experience in the construction industry a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
Strong knowledge of insurance terms, lien laws and contract law required
Excellent negotiation skills, along with strong financial acumen and knowledge of accounting practices
Working knowledge of large ERP software (JD Edwards/Oracle Enterprise One experience a plus)
Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the ability to learn new software quickly
Attention to detail/accuracy, quick learner and internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills
Past experience implementing electronic solutions for compliance issues a plus
Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively disseminate/convey information to all levels of employees, subcontractors, etc.
Ability to set priorities, organize work and work in high production environment while responding quickly and effectively under pressure, changing priorities and tight timelines/deadlines
Team player who can operate effectively within a matrix management environment
Ability to interface effectively with all levels of staff as well as external customers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands
to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
Ability and willingness to abide by Company’s Code of Conduct on a daily basis
Valid driver’s license and ability to drive
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.
Area of Interest Finance
Primary Location US-HI-Honolulu
Project diversity is a fundamental element of our business model. From transportation, airports and rapid transit systems to industrial, oil & gas, and mining infrastructure - we’ve been in the business of building since 1922. Our experience, capabilities, and resources enable us to build projects of all sizes and scope.