Cisco Systems, Inc.
Washington, DC, United States
Account Management, It, Sales
Oct 28, 2020
Feb 10, 2021
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
The Business Entity
The vision of the Public Sector organization is to help governments protect, educate, and serve citizens at the national, state, and local level. Our organization serves six market segment verticals: Civilian, Defense, Education, Healthcare, Intel, and State/Local Government.
* We have an exciting Account Manager role open on our Federal Sales team! As a successful Account Manager, you will possess a keen ability to position end to end solutions and articulate primary vendor strategies to senior customer executives. Your knowledge of running a sales territory includes forecasting, quota attainment, sales presentations, short term, mid term, long term opportunity management are a demonstrated part of your successes evident by your over-achievement of quota.
* Role & Responsibilities
* Must have the ability to call at multiple levels within your customer accounts managing partner relationships and account planning with an extended team.
* Candidates will be aggressive, self-starters with the ability to build executive relationships, articulate Cisco's product and business strategies, create the demand and close deals.
* Will handle prospecting, replacing incumbents and successfully managing your customer install base. Will be responsible for negotiating solutions on business issues with peers, partners and customers using a Win/Win philosophy coupled by working on complex technical accounts dealing with CXO and other key decision makers.
* Will travel up to 50%
* Minimum Qualifications
* BS degree or equivalent
* 7 years IT solution sales experience managing a sales territory
* Extensive experience selling to CXO personnel
* Demonstrated understanding of government contracts and procurement vehicles
* Strong communication skills coupled with superior negotiation skills at CXO level
* Data networking technical knowledge strongly preferred.
* Candidates must have a proven and successful sales background developing a business strategy and multi-year business plan, collaborative teamwork, and delivery of customer success
* Experience obtaining a quota of $25M or greater needed
* Experience selling to government customers in Federal Scientific preferred; specifically extensive Department of Commerce experience
* Preferred work location is Herndon, VA. Alternate work locations include: Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
* We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
* We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an equal opportunity employer.
@Cisco #CiscoJobs #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.