Los Angeles, CA, United States
Account Management, Journalism, Pr, Manager, Energy
Sep 25, 2022
Position at Hill Knowlton Strategies
Hill Knowlton Strategies has an immediate need for a Senior Account Executive or Account Manager to support its growing U.S. Energy and Industrials (E I) practice. This is an amazing opportunity to work with companies that are leading the energy transition, addressing water conservation and sustainability, and implementing some of the world’s most innovative new technologies. You will have the opportunity to grow as a communications professional within a global network of subject matter experts and experience/learn a full spectrum of communications skills, working in a fully integrated manner with our content and publishing experts, data and analytics teams, public affairs experts, crisis counselors, and other specialists.
What you’ll be doing:
· Working alongside senior colleagues to manage the day-to-day activities for some of our sector’s key clients, including a California-based water utility at the forefront of water conservation and sustainability.
· Handling fully-integrated storytelling across social, owned, earned and paid channels.
· Executing strategic and proactive media relations with an array of national, regional, and local media, with an emphasis on California print, broadcast, and online outlets and California-based journalists for national and trade media.
· Generating fresh ideas for programs, events and media outreach that support client objectives
· Assisting in the development of client messaging and positioning for corporate and executive thought leadership programs
· Developing crisp and compelling written materials that articulate and promote our client’s initiatives and programs
· Exercising creativity in communications strategy and planning
What you’ll need to get here:
· Undergraduate degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism, Business or Public Relations
· 3-5 years (SAE) or 6 years (AM) of full-time public relations experience, preferably in an agency; water or energy related communications experience required
· Media relations expertise and pitching experience with California-based outlets and journalists, with the ability and initiative to establish and grow media relationships
· Ability to develop pitch angles and identify strong client narratives that capture attention and communicate a clear brand message
· Digital & social media savvy with an understanding of how to reach a target audience and drive engagement through compelling content
· Superb writing and editing skills across a variety of platforms with a keen eye for detail (ie., experience writing press releases, white papers, op-eds, talking points, social media content, and more)
· Exceptional time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines and work with quality and efficiency
· Professionalism, poise and confidence participating in a variety of situations including client meetings, internal executive meetings and media events
· Passion, integrity and excitement for working with industry-leading teams and clients within a globally influential firm
· California-based presence and/or strong knowledge of California’s diverse communities preferred.
Ready for your next chapter? Please submit your resume and cover letter. If there is an opportunity to interview, a member of the H K Talent Acquisition team will contact you directly. About Hill Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world. We believe that every corporation, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Join our team and harness the power of the public. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry