Deloitte Development, LLC
New York City, NY, United States
Quality, Engineering, It
Nov 18, 2021
Mar 03, 2022
Core Technology Operations - Quality Engineering Specialist Master
CBO- Core Technology Operations - Quality Engineering - Manager/Specialist Master
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our Core Technology Operations (CTO) specialists provide end-to-end services to help our client organizations manage their portfolio of IT applications, scale and optimize critical business operations, drive speed to outcome and deliver business transformation. We offer a complete range of industry-leading services, providing flexible, recurring resource capacity for client initiatives, projects, tasks, and enhancements which includes quality engineering, systems support, shared services, product engineering, and infrastructure. Our services provide ongoing maintenance, monitoring, and optimization for IT/engineering applications and products around application development, process optimization and automation to help drive speed to outcome, deliver business transformation, and build resilience in an uncertain future.
As a Manager/Specialist Master at Deloitte Consulting, you will be responsible for supporting large complex IT systems - these applications are often high-volume mission critical systems and would provide you an exposure to a broad range of technologies across all Cloud and on prem systems. You will work with global functional and technical teams on engagements that leverage a high degree of automation, the latest technologies and cut across support and development work. You will need to understand functional requirements and should be able to support specific technologies, develop technical designs, develop, customize, and test completing the lifecycle from design to ongoing support.
Work you'll do/Responsibilities:
• Your will bring considerable technical expertise to deliver effective solutions to clients including the following:
o Acting as an interface between clients and our Deloitte teams, including offshore resources.
o Helping to create testing solutions to meet clients' business needs;
o Managing large on and offshore teams;
o Leading the testing of our custom technology solutions.
Core Technology Operations practitioners work on the design, delivery and support of a variety of solutions that help our clients meet business objectives. These solutions range from large scale ground-up custom developed applications, to Cloud-based development and integration services as well as customizing industry sector-focused packages. As a member of this team, you would get opportunities to work on all adjacent area technologies such as user interface/user experience development, integration services, business rules engine solutions, or Cloud-based services.
Required • Experience working with globally distributed technology teams, with strong team leadership experience managing onshore and offshore teams;
• 8-10 years' experience - relevant consulting or industry;
• At least 6 years' experience defining testing strategy for large scale programs and ensuring requirements traceability throughout the system development lifecycle and leading testing efforts, including experience with all phases of testing - system integration, user acceptance, and performance testing;
• At least 6 years' experience driving the quality assurance processes and gaining delivery buy-in from executive leadership;
• At least 6 years' of testing experience in different environments including one or more of the following: client server, service-oriented architecture, web-based, mainframe-based and three-tiered architectures; • Experience with the following: MicroFocus UFT, Rational Tooling and Open Source Automation tools (ex: Selenium, Cucumber, OpSoapUI, Postman, RESTassured, Mockito); • Experience working with test and defect management tools; • Experience working with at least one scripting language - Shell, VBScript, Perl or Python
and experience with Source Control Systems (SVN or GIT). Experience with Build tools like Maven or CircleCI and experience with automated reporting.
• Travel up to 50 percent nationally (While 50 percent national travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.) Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
Preferred • Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science, information technology, computer engineering, engineering or a related discipline; • Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the eagerness to mentor and grow junior staff;
• Testing expertise - a deep understanding of test planning and delivery challenges; experience implementing industry standard testing methodology and tools including best practices specific to test planning and execution processes;
• Ability to communicate clearly across project teams;
• An understanding of various testing techniques - white-box, black-box, load testing, coverage testing, regression testing;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.